Chapter 29

I took my cup of coffee and a granola bar back to my room to get ready. I put on some makeup to hide the dark circles and puffiness, and brushed my hair out, putting half of it up. I put on a pair of skinny jeans and a white t-shirt, finishing it off with my brown boots and a red cardigan. At least I looked like I hadn't been up crying all night. I hope. Natsu appeared again, coincidentally in a red hoodie, and we made our way to school.

Natsu woke me up when he pulled in and parked. I hadn't remembered falling asleep but I guess I did. We parted ways and made our ways to our homerooms, preparing for the finals ahead of us. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw Natsu talking with a very upset Lisanna. Half of me wanted to eavesdrop but the stronger half of me wanted to give them their privacy. I can only imagine that he's breaking the news to her; what he had talked to me about.

I sat down in my usual seat in math, next to Rogue, who raised an eyebrow at me. We had grown close during mine and Stings relationship, and he was really like a brother to me. He knew about Sting's behavior and comforted me when he acted up, and always put Sting in his place when need be.

"Rough night?" he whispered, looking at me from the corner of his eye. I groaned and put my head in my hands.

"You have no idea." I sighed turning to look at him. Out of the corner of my eye I could see a mop of blue running my way.

"LU! You never answered my texts! Are you okay? Did anything happen?" Levy whisper yelled.

"What happened? Was it Sting?" Rogue cut in before I had the chance to speak. I sighed and began explaining the events of the last 24 hours to the two of them, making them promise not to blow it out of proportion.

"He was just being an ass. A very drunk, cheating, violent ass." I sighed laying my head down. "And him showing up belligerent at my apartment at 3 in the morning is why I got absolutely no sleep." I didn't get to say much more before the teacher dismissed us and started finals. I would be lying if I said the day went by quickly, but after 7 long hours the last bell rang.

"Luce! Hey! You need a ride home?" I heard from a familiar voice behind me. I nodded, turning around to meet his emerald eyes.

"Thanks, Natsu! It looks like it's gonna rain and I don't want to get caught in it." I stated. We walked to his car and as he was unlocking it, a certain blonde walked past. A loud rev of an engine and tires squalling was enough to make me glance his way, and I immediately regretted it. Yukino was on the back of his motorcycle holding onto him with my helmet on. A wave of anger washed over me as the wound in my heart was ripped open again. With balled fists, I got into Natsu's car, slamming the door behind me. I could feel the eyes of all the students, who just so happened to be outside, on me through the glass of Natsu's car windows.

"You okay, Luce?" He looked at me out of the corner of his eye, eyebrows raised.

"Not really, but I'll be fine." I sighed with crossed arms. We drove in silence for a little bit before I started to connect my phone to his speakers.

"So, I kinda broke up with Lisanna today." Natsu glanced my way with an uncertain look in his eye. I met his gaze and cracked a small smile.

"Are you happy?" I questioned softly.

"Yeah, I really think I am. It feels like a weight lifted off my shoulders." He sighed, still looking at the road.

"Then I'm happy for you, Natsu. I'm glad." I said looking out of the window with my head resting on my hand. I really feel like I should be more excited for him, but I can't erase the picture of Sting and Yukino out of my mind. I don't know why it irked me so much that he had given her my helmet, but it had. Was I replaceable the whole time? I sighed and turned my attention back to my phone. "Bulletproof Love" by Pierce the Veil blared through the speakers. I sat and sang along trying to hold back tears.

"I breathe you in with smoke in the backyard lights

We used to laugh until we choked into the wasted nights

It was the best time of my life, but now I sleep alone

So don't, don't wake me up, because my thrill is gone

in the sunset turning red behind the smoke

Forever and alone"

I sniffled as I sang louder and louder, balling my fists.

"This isn't fair, no, don't you try to blame this on me

My love for you was bulletproof, but you're the one who shot me

And goddamn it, I can barely say your name"

The tears flowed freely at this point as I yelled, infuriated with stupid Sting, and stupid me was stupid enough to fall in love with him and give him everything. Once the song ended the next song in my playlist started. "Throne" by Bring me the Horizon started playing over his car speakers.

"Remember the moment you left me alone and

Broke every promise you ever made

I was an ocean, lost in the open

Nothing could take the pain away.

So you can throw me to the wolves

Tomorrow I will come back

Leader of the whole pack

Beat me black and blue

Every wound will shape me

Every scar will build my throne!"

I sang along, feeling better with this one. Natsu grabbed a hold of my hand while he was still driving and gave a reassuring squeeze. We reached my apartment by the time the song ended. He walked me to my door and asked if I needed him to stay, which I declined. I think I needed my space for the moment. Plus I needed to review for the second half of finals tomorrow, and actually get sleep tonight.

Chapter 29 posted! Sorry a good portion of it is song lyrics LOL but I think those lyrics are important and really describe Lucy's emotions during this time. Comment and let me know how you like the story so far! Is it moving too fast? Or not fast enough? Also thanks for all the views in the last few days! It went from like 330 to 460! I will post another chapter soon, but I won't have as much time to write as I started my new job on top of taking care of my son, so I'm one busy mama right now lmao. Thanks for everyone who's stuck with me so far, you have no idea how much I appreciate you all! Vote, follow, and add to your library so you don't miss any new updates! Real plot twist in the next 2 chapters! See you in the next chapter!

As always, Fairy Tail and all of it's characters belong to Hiro Mashima!~