43

Talia's POV

"You ready?" I ask when Julie and I pull up to Teatro alla Scala in Milan, Italy.

Julie and I are in Italy for The Best FIFA Football Awards. I'm up for the FIFA Puskás Award, the FIFA FIFPro Women's World11, and The Best FIFA Women's Player. Julie is also here for the FIFA FIFPro Women's World11.

I am joined by Christen and Lucy Bronze in the running for The Best FIFA Women's Player.

"Yep." Julie says.

"You look Beautiful Julie." I say then peck her lips.

"Thank you." Julie says and kisses my cheek. "You look Gorgeous Baby."

"Gotta keep up with you." I say right before our door is open.

The two of us get out of the car and we walk the red carpet, taking a few pictures along the way, then we head inside and meet up with our teammates.

"Hey Love birds." Kelley says while attached to Alex's side.

"Says the woman who's wrapped around her wife." I tease.

"Alright children." Becky says with an arm wrapped around Carli. "No fighting."

"Yes ma'am." Kelley and I immediately say.

"You clean up well Blondie." Alex says

"As do you...all of you do." I say as I wrap my arm around Julie and rest my hand on her perfect butt.

"Did Julie tie your tie Freckles?" Christen questions.

"Hey this time I actually tried." I admit. "But it just ended up being a mess so Julie had to help me with a different tie."

"When will you learn Munchkin." Tobin teases.

"Maybe I just like when Julie does it." I say and squeeze Julie's immaculate butt.

"I don't mind." Julie says. "Not when she looks this good."

"So Talia." Kelley says. "Are you excited?"

"I mean I think I'll only be apart of the Women's World 11 so I think I'll be fine."

"You don't think you'll win the other two?" Carli asks.

"I mean I'm up against Kylian Mbappé and Gareth Bale for the Puskás award so they'll most likely win that."

"What about the other one?" Tobin asks.

"I mean your girlfriend has like 35 goals for club and country this year so she'll probably win it."

"I wouldn't have that many if you weren't playing Freckles." Christen says.

"Girls it's time to sit." Jill says then we follow her to our seats.

The 8 of us are all in a row so I sit in-between Julie and Becky.

We get to our seats right as the show starts and I kinda tune out until my first nomination is up

"And the nominees for the FIFA Puskás Award are..." Brandi Chastain says then motion to the giant screen.

A short video showing my goal along with Kylian Mbappé and Gareth Bale's goals is played.

My nomination is for my solo goal against France in the SheBelieves Cup.

"And the FIFA Puskás Award goes to.........Talia Martin."

I stand up and peck Julie's lips and hug her then I hug becky and the others before I head up onto the stage. Once on the stage Ms. Chastain hands me the award and hugs me then I approach the podium.

"Um I'd like to thank my teammate Christen Press for holding the ball up and I'd also like to thank Jill Ellis for starting me...ugh I don't really know what else to say so thank you for voting for me and enjoy the rest of the evening." I say.

I follow Ms. Chastain off stage then I return to my seat and sit patiently while The Best FIFA Men's Coach, the FIFA Fan Award, and The Best FIFA Women's Goalkeeper are awarded.

Christiane won best goalkeeper.

Julie and I, along with some of the other girls, quietly get up while some opera thing is happening and we go back stage so we can be recognized with the rest of the FIFA FIFPro Women's World11. Once the opera thing stops, a video is shown so the eleven of us are motioned on stage. One by one, the eleven of us are introduced to the crowd.

The FIFA FIFPro Women's World11 has Christiane Endler in goal and in defense is myself, Lucy Bronze, Steph Houghton, and Becky. Julie is joined in midfield by Daniëlle van de Donk and Amadine Henry. Christen and Alex are joined by Vivianne Miedema in attack

After we are recognized everyone sits down in their seats.

I then sit patiently while The Best FIFA Men's Goalkeeper, The Best FIFA Women's Coach, which Jill won for the third time, The FIFA FIFPro Men's World1, and The Best FIFA Men's Player are awarded.

"And Now for our final award of the night..." Some dude says. "Here are the nominees for The Best FIFA Women's Player."

A short highlight video is shown of me, Christen, and Lucy Bronze.

"And The Best FIFA Women's Player of the year is.........Talia Martin."

"Well then." I say and stand up.

I peck Julie's lips and hug her then I hug the Christen and the other girls. I acknowledge Lucy as I walk up onto the stage where I shake everybody's hand then I approach the podium with the award.

"To say I'm shocked would be a massive understatement." I say and chuckle. "Um I'd like to thank Laura Harvey for signing me last year and giving me an opportunity as a 19 year old kid. I also want to thank Jill Ellis for believing in a 20 year old and never losing faith in me even if I can be a bit much at times."

I then notice Julie and Christen have huge smiles on their faces.

"I'd like to thank Kelley O'Hara, Christen Press, Becky Sauerbrunn, and Amy Rodriguez for taking me under their wing and showing me how to be a badass woman on and off the field...Julie Johnston I love you so much and I know I wouldn't be here without your constant love, affection, and support so thank you for being my rock...uh thank you all once again and enjoy the rest of your night."

I follow everyone of stage, take some pictures for the press, then I meet back up with my teammates.

"Congrats Freckles." Christen says.

"Do you realize your the first defender to ever win that award?" Alex asks.

"Uh....No?" I say.

"Well you are."

"Oh joy." I say when I see a bunch of people coming over with cameras. "Picture time."

"No more photo's." A big burly man says as he and a couple other big men block us from the press.

All of us take this opportunity to slip away and we head out the back where the cars are waiting.

"Now." I say. "Who's ready to enjoy Italy with an Italian?"