98

Talia's POV

"You ready for this?" Christen question as we walk towards our locker room at Verizon Stadium in NYC.

"Not in the slightest." I admit as I look at my future wife.

Today's Julie's final professional game and I'm not ready at all.

Once in the locker room I remove my three necklaces and my ring then I place them safely in my bag before I start to change. I then change into my warm up shirt, game shorts, my right sock, my left sock, my right red boot, and lastly my left red boot. After that I head to Julie's locker then sit down on the floor in-between her legs.

"Hey Beautiful." Julie says and starts running her fingers through my hair.

"Hi Jules." I say then let Julie do her thing.

Julie runs her fingers through my hair for a little bit before she puts part of my hair in a braid then she puts my hair into a pony tail.

"Thanks." I say and hug one of Julie's legs. "Love you."

"Love you Moonshine." Julie says then she kisses my head.

Once Julie's done doing my hair for the last time I get off the floor then head out to the pitch with the rest of the team. When I get on the pitch I run through my warm ups with the starters then head back to the locker room.

Once in the locker room I change out of the training top and change into our white jersey. After I'm dressed I wait around in my locker as the coaching staff do their last minute talks then the starters and I head to the tunnel and I line up behind Alex since Julie is captain today.

"Wait a minute." I say then I head up to the front of the line to read Julie's jersey. "Oh my god."

"What?" Julie asks and spins around.

"You're jersey has Martin on it." I say.

"Of course it does T." Julie says. "I wanted one game with our last name on my jersey."

"I am so glad your parents are keeping Lanie for the night." I say then I return back to my position.

Moments later we are led onto the pitch so I follow Alex out then stand next to her as the anthems play.

Once the anthems end Julie steps forward for her little ceremony thing that US Soccer is having.

Towards the end of the ceremony Julie's family step onto the field with Lanie then Julie motions me forward so I come over. Once I'm with my soon to be in-laws I pick up Lanie and hold her then we all take pictures.

After all the pictures are taken, Julie and I kiss our daughter's cheeks then we hand her of to her grandparents before we head back to our spots in line. We then shake hands with Brazil then we all get to our positions.

Once I'm at my position I spend time looking at my wife and thinking about how much I don't want this game to end.

- - - - -

"I'm gonna miss playing with you." I mumble into my girl's abs as I sit on the edge of the bed.

We won the game, but I have no clue by how much or who scored. All I did the whole game was enjoy my last game with my future wife.

After the game we had a celebration with Julie's family, but now we're back in Julie and I's home with the girls for a players only celebration.

"I know you will Moonshine." Julie says as she runs her fingers through my hair as she stands in-between my legs. "But I'll be watching every game you play with Lanie."