9

SEOKJIN POV

I was multitasking.

Cutting the onions on the board, stirring the soup, making the sandwiches and preparing the rice, all simultaneously. I truly felt like a chef.

This past week had been so good. I guess telling Yoongi that I loved Taehyung wasn't such a bad thing. I mean I was still struggling to not make a move on him or flirt with him but the tense air I had created, was long gone.

And I was observing. And my eyes picked up things that I missed before. Very subtle yet major observations they were.

For instance, whenever I would touch taehyung (don't think dirty), I mean even the most normal of physical interactions like patting his shoulder or holding his hand, I would be able to see a light red tint decorate his beautiful face.

Whenever I would converse with him, he wouldn't be able to look me in the eyes. He would stutter ever so subtly, but I would notice it.

What if Yoongi was right? What if Taehyung did like me?

Stop being delusional. he 's your younger brother. How could he possibly like you?

No. I am not listening to you, my dear mind. I would tell myself.

I knew I wasn't imagining things. This was real. Because even Yoongi saw these things and when he would, he would with a smirk, give me a 'I told you so' look.

But honestly, I was still afraid. I mean our company would support us I knew that, Bang pd nim was like our father and he would only want our best and I knew our fans would also be fine with this.

But same sex relationships in korea? No, you couldn't even talk about it. It was a taboo. And even though we would be accepted internationally, if I ever confessed to Taehyung that is, I don't think my mother country would support it as much as it would only gain them profit.

But Isn't that what love was?

Being ignorant of what other people thought or wanted  and passionately pursuing the inner hearts desires.

All of this was of course wishful thinking. All of this would only be of concern if I ever confessed to Taehyung. If Taehyung supposedly like dme back. If-

"Hyung! The rice!," I heard someone shout.

I looked around to find, Taehyung turning off the rice cooker and turning on the exhaust.

"Hyung what were you doing?," Taehyung asked as he started opening the lid of the rice cooker.

"I-um..I was just thinking about something...sorry," I said while mentally cursing myself for stuttering.

"It's not that burned. Thank god, I came here in time or else the entire kitchen would've been burned down," Taehyung said exaggerating.

"I'm not Namjoon," I replied.

"No you're not but you are you..oh HYUNG!," Taehyung shouted.

I let out a small yelp as the knife sliced my finger swiftly. Blood started dripping on the cutting board as I clutched my hand in an attempt to soothe the pain.

Taehyung grabbed my hand and took me to the sink, turning on the tap of cold water. He moved my hand under the tap and gently washed it.

"Just let it be there for a few seconds, I'll be back," he said and went towards the stove to probably turn it off.

Great! Who cuts themselves while cutting onions with a vegetable knife?! Well it's actually quite common but not for someone who has been doing this forever.