Chapter 5| Greetings, Professor!

Ever since Felix lost to Lon'qu, Felix has been training nonstop with Kendall, being his training partner as always

Ever since Felix lost to Lon'qu, Felix has been training nonstop with Kendall, being his training partner as always. When she wasn't sword training, she would be studying and reading. With the week and a half of attending the Officers Academy, she started to feel a little homesick. In addition with her father going on missions often, it made her feel a little bit lonely.

Walking among the halls, Kendall tried to figure out what to do for the time being. She didn't feel like physically moving or digging her nose in a book right now. She needed to do something relaxing, but what?

Seeing Byleth walking towards her, Kendall gave her professor a smile. "Hello professor! Are you busy at the moment?"

"Not at the moment." Byleth responded. "I was going to grab something to eat."

"Oh really? I'm kind of hungry myself. Can I go with you to the dining hall?"

"Of course, but... I'm not going to the dining hall to get food."

Kendall tilted her head in confusion while raising an eyebrow. "Where's another place to get food around here?"

~•~

Byleth lead Kendall towards the fishing pond area, taking her towards the stone stairs. It was a long way up, thinking it would be some kind of secret fancy restaurant only known to some. Making it to the top, Kendall was not expecting to find something so... Colorful.

Kendall slow blinked, not believing what she was seeing in front of her. "There's a McDonald's in Garreg Mach?!"

"I didn't know this until recently." Byleth answered. "I found this place by Seteth's request."

"What was his request? To have you order him a Big Mac?"

"No." Byleth shook her head. "Him and Flayn got trapped in a McDonald's playplace, and they needed my help to get them out."

Kendall started laughing to the point where she was crying. "Oh my gods! How did he, of all people, get trapped in that?!"

"From what I heard, Flayn did not want to get out of the playplace. And so, Seteth had to go in there to get her out himself, only for them to get lost in there."

"That's hilarious! A grown ass man getting stuck in a McDonald's playplace! I'm sure he told you to never speak of that with anyone, right?"

Byleth nodded with a smile. "That's exactly how he worded it."

Entering the fast food restaurant, Kendall caught a glimpse of the two people her and Byleth were just talking about a minute ago. Feeling a laugh rise in her throat, Kendall was trying her best to hold it in.

Seteth and Flayn were walking towards a table until they spotted Byleth. They decided to walk over towards Byleth and Kendall to greet them. "Hello professor!" Flayn greeted. "I didn't expect to bump into you here!"