Chapter 7| True Chivalry

A little over a month has passed

A little over a month has passed. The Blue Lions class recently went on a mission, no one was seriously injured. Kendall had fought bandits many times with her friends back at home so it wasn't too much of a culture shock. On the battle field, her classmates, and even her professor praised how well her and Felix were as a team. It made her happy yet sad, and she didn't know why.

Letting out a sigh, Kendall slumped on her desk, placing her head down. She wasn't sure what was wrong with her. For sure, she wasn't sick. If she wasn't ill, what else could this feeling be?

"Are you ok, Kendall?" Lifting her head up, she saw Annette looking at her with worry. Mercedes was next to her, her eyes filled with worry as well.

Trying to play it cool, Kendall stretched in her seat. "I'm fine! I'm just really tired."

"Oh my, you haven't been sleeping well?" Mercedes asked. "I could always bring you some warm milk since you're right next door to me."

"Thank you so much, but you don't have to go through the trouble. I'll be fine, really. I just need to sleep earlier tonight."

"Alright... But if you need anything, please let me know."

"Me too!" Annette chimed in. "If you need a little pick me up, just know we're here for you!"

Kendall smiled at her two good friends. "You two are the best."

Byleth walked into the classroom with Ashe. Stopping near Kendall's desk, Byleth looked at all three of her students. "Everything alright?"

Kendall nodded in response. "Yes, professor. We're good." Her gaze went over towards Ashe. "Good morning, Ashe!"

Ashe shyly smiled at her, his face turning a little red. "Good morning, Kendall." He noticed something off about her. "Oh my, have you not been sleeping well?"

Kendall shook her head. "I've been sleeping fine, but I'm still exhausted from the last mission."

It was like Ashe could detect her lie. "Are you sure there's nothing bothering you?"

"I'm positive."

Ashe looked at her with worry. "If you're sure. But you change your mind, you can always talk to me about it."

"I appreciate it."

Her friends went over to their own desks, leaving Kendall in peace. Placing her head on her desk, she was lost in thought. The question she kept asking herself... Why was her heart racing so much?

~•~

Outside of the cathedral, Kendall was sitting on the beach, staring at the view of Garreg Mach. It was an off day for her, her mind wasn't here. It felt like she was up in space, not feeling like her usual self. It was strange, she had never experienced this kind of feeling before.