Prologue

A girl with long, silky black hair and soft brown eyes was enrolling into a facility known as Garreg Mach

A girl with long, silky black hair and soft brown eyes was enrolling into a facility known as Garreg Mach. There were two separate entities, the Church of Seiros and the Officers Academy. The Officers Academy was known throughout the land where students learn about the art of warfare, whether they're noble or a commoner.

There were three houses that the girl could choose from. There was the Black Eagles, the leader was Edelgard von Hresvelg who was the next emperor of the Adrestian Kingdom. There was the Blue Lions, the leader was Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd who was the next king of Faerghus. And lastly, there was the Golden Deer, the leader was Claude von Riegan who was the next leader of the Leicester Alliance.

It was a tough choice, not knowing what to expect. There were three routes, a whole group of people she would study with and get to know not just as classmates, but as friends and close allies. Making her choice, she had chosen...

~•~

Arriving in front of a classroom that had blue drapery and golden imprints with the King of Lions, Kendall stepped into the classroom without making eye contact. She was the typical shy new student who didn't make a huge first impression. It felt like she was being stared at, but didn't want to look, continuing to walk with her eyes lowered.

Stopping in front of the professor's desk that was in the front of the classroom, Kendall handed a piece of paper over to her new professor. "Professor Byleth?"

The female professor nodded. "I am. Your name is Kendall, I presume?"

"Yes. It's nice to meet you. I look forward to learning in your class, professor."

"And I look forward to having you in my class." Byleth looked over at the piece of paper, the paper that had Kendall's information on it. He face showed no emotion while looking over Kendall's enrollment paper. "You came from such a faraway land."

"Yeah... Ylisse is a bit of a distance away..."

"Ylisse?!" Kendall heard someone exclaim. The voice was nearby, sensing someone had stopped right next to her. Looking over, she saw a guy with clean cut blonde hair with fierce yet gentle blue eyes. He was wearing black and blue noble attire. Next to him was a guy with white hair tied into a low ponytail. His skin was dark, his eyes were onix. "What made you want to come to Garreg Mach?"

Recognizing that this guy was a prince, Kendall started to feel nervous for two reasons. He was royalty and not to mention very handsome. "I heard this was a really good school, so... I wanted to enroll."

"An overseas student. I'm glad to have you in the Blue Lions House. We're an odd bunch, but we're hardworking."

Kendall smiled, trying to feel comfortable talking to him. He seemed really laid back for a prince. "Thank you. My name is Kendall Carvalho."