Chapter 8| Heart to Heart

Slowly opening her eyes, Kendall only saw a white ceiling

Slowly opening her eyes, Kendall only saw a white ceiling. Feeling like she was laying on a soft bed, she wondered where she was. The last place she remembered being at was a village in the Fraldarius territory.

She heard a sigh coming from beside her. "You sure know how to make me worry."

Turning her head, Kendall saw her father and uncle standing side by side beside the bed she was laying on. Sitting up, she felt a tinge of pain on her back. Considering she got shot with an arrow, it wasn't much of a surprise. Lowering her eyes, she felt bad for making them worry about her. "I'm sorry..."

Balthus let out a sigh. "I ran here as soon as I found out you got hurt. Nearly gave me a heart attack, kiddo."

Feeling pain in her heart, she was about to apologize once more before she heard a voice. "Oh good. You're finally awake." A beautiful mature woman with short brown hair walked over to her. She wore pounds of makeup on her face. She seemed more like a songstress than a physician.

Kendall already knew who this was. "Professor Manuela."

"Are you feeling alright?"

Kendall nodded. "I still feel pain on my back, but other than that, I'm fine."

"That's good to hear. I was a little worried myself since the arrow that shot you was poisoned. You don't need to worry about that part anymore, all you need is to rest for a couple days."

"I will do that, thank you."

"It's no trouble at all! To see that you're alright makes me feel better!"

Lon'qu crossed his arms. "I will inform your professor that you're alright. It seems like she and the rest of your classmates were worried about you."

"And I'll inform my pals in Abyss that you're alright." Balthus mentioned. "They were worried about you too."

Swallowing hard, Kendall couldn't imagine what she put them through after taking the hit for Felix. In fact, she thought she worried Felix to death. But he might not admit it out loud.

Watching her father and uncle walk out of the infirmary, Manuela giggled to herself. "A classmate of yours was carrying you. I have never seen that kind of expression on him before." Knowing who it was without her mentioning a name, Kendall found herself blushing. Hearing that he was worried about her, it made her a little too happy. Seeing Kendall's expression, Manuela winked at her. "Is he special to you?"

Feeling her face getting hot, Kendall quickly turned away. "N-No! He's just a friend!"

Manuela sighed hopelessly. "Young love is wasted on the young..."

Lookout downwards, Kendall didn't know if she could classify her feelings as love. She only knew Felix for a short time. Not to mention, she never had a crush on anyone before, so she wouldn't even know how it feels. Being a teenager is complicated.