And... The Story Began!

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Ugh... What time is it?

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

"Lan...?"

Groaning, a boy opens his door, "what?"

A beautiful girl in front of him didn't immediately answer. Her eyes are swollen, she bits her lip.

The boy frowned, "Casya...? What happened to you?"

"I know it's very hard for you," sobbed the girl, "but you have to come, okay? This means a lot to her."

Eidlan's frown deeper. He looks around, realizing that all his siblings and Mother had wearing black clothes.

His heart sank, "Where are we...?"

"Funeral," Casya interrupted, "we must go to the funeral, Lan, please come."

*****

"MOOOMMM! DAAADD!"

"Jeez Vasyl, what's up?"

Vasyl did not answer, bumped into his parents and cried. His sob filled the house, shoulder moved up and down as he drowned to his griefs. Both of his parents hug him back, Veona even shed tears. Vasyl's sobs grew louder, he trembled violently uncontrollably.

"I know it's hard for you, son..." Gamian whispered, "but you have to be patient."

"I failed to save him," he twitched, "I'm sorry."

His parents frowns, but they still calm him.

"I failed..." Vasyl said, "I failed to look after Grier."

"Grier?" Veona asked, "who's Grier?"

Vasyl stunned, stopped crying and released his parents. His eyes look around, breath faster in every second.

"NO!" He pointing at each picture frame, "he should be here! HE SHOULD BE IN THE PHOTOS WITH US!"

"Son... You're tired, all this must be hard for you."

"How could you...?" Vasyl hissed, "how could you forget Grier? Your own child? HE IS MY BROTHER! WE'RE TWINS AND TROUBLE MAKER, REMEMBER? How could you...! HOW COULD YOU FORGET ABOUT HIM!"

Vasyl groaned, watches all the photos which only contained himself and his parents. He remembered the photo was taken while making a joke, also some photos there. But everything with Grier, Grier is always in the family photo. His parents looked worried, Vasyl did not care, he ran to Grier's room. But the room wasn't there — Only thick walls.

"HE'S REAL!" Vasyl cried, rebelling when Gamian hugged him, "he's real, Dad! He is my brother... Gosh, God..."

"It's okay, son... It's okay..."

"Grier Kenway... He's my brother... He is real... You love him more than anything..."

"Son, we still have to go to the funeral," Gamian whispered.

"Who..?" Vasyl look up, "who died?"

"Your friend, Alesh, remember?" Veona answered, "we all know she died from a brain tumour."

*****

The funeral was quiet— Unless you counted a few sob and prayers. Alesh's parents no longer shed tears, but they all knew how much they had shed beforehand. Her younger brother, Afsal, stunned while holding Rachika's hand. Rachika is still very young, but she cries when she knows that her sister will never play with her again.

Askar is also there, surrounded by his family who shed tears. Eidlan and Vasyl look at each other, Askar look at them sharply. He didn't look sad. Instead, he looks mad. Extremely mad. His body shaking while his face turns red, breath fast and clenching fist. Shaking to felt the tombstone, muttered a prayer, then got up and left.

Eidlan and Vasyl come to him, about to say something when he hissed, "She's not dead."

"Kar, we all know Alesh doesn't have a tumour, but she still—"

"She's not dead!" His eyes glaring with tears, "and unlike you who will be silent while crying, I will look for her! I WILL!"

His mother pulled him a second later, dragged him to the car a little bit harshly. He still looks mad, only this time he's crying.

Vasyl and Eidlan look at each other. Eidlan decided to meet Mother, while Vasyl walked toward Casya. Together, they left a cold grave.

*****

It feels like time passes faster than the sound. Vasyl had told Eidlan everything, making them even worse. These events did indeed influence them. Vasyl no longer made jokes, Eidlan found it hard to think until his grades drastically dropped, and they never met Askar again.

Eidlan closed his eyes, enjoying the evening air. Regrets and confusion filled his lungs. He wishes he could do more. He wishes, at least, could meet or save Askar.

"How can I forgot about his family...?" Eidlan watched a gaze of dew, "what an idiot."

His thought interrupted by a call. Unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Eidlan?"

"Askar?" Eidlan felt a joyful for the first time, "Where are you?"

"Listen to me, I can't stay long. I've told you Alesh's not dead, and I was proven right. I ran away and dug up her grave..."

"You're crazy! That's really violating laws and no—"

"...The grave is empty."

"What's more — what? What did you say?"

"The grave is empty," Askar repeated, "there was only stone and earth."

A commotion comes at the other end. Eidlan didn't listen, loses his breath and dropped to the chair.

He just realized something. If Grier is forgotten, if all the damage suddenly disappears, there is only one possibility;

He has to kick some goddamn ass again.

To be continued to 'ANTARA'