Little One

Eidlan cursed himself when he realized that he's the one who woke up last, moreover when it's his home that in the fire. Not to mention, he couldn't find anyone, only a puff of smoke.

"You genius," Eidlan sarcastically told himself, struggling to avoid the flames while running, "hopefully everyone is all right."

Not everyone is alright, but at least he found four kids plus Diwas and Mother saved with the twins.

"Only this much?" He couldn't hide his worried tone, "where's Al?"

"I don't know. I've searched. About Al, we split up inside. She told me to save the others, so I only took a few children and Mother," Vasyl replied, "where is Casya?"

Eidlan's eyes widened, "She's not here...?"

Vasyl's heart sank, he pushed Eidlan and ran through the fire, "CASYA!"

Eidlan looks at Grier, "I know you want to come in, but please stay here. Help Mother to calm down. Besides, I'm not sure all the Jlanx will be inside. You guard outside."

Grier nodded. Meanwhile, Eidlan came back to the orphanage, breaking through the fire.

"AL...!"

No answer except the sound of woods burning. Eidlan bit his lip. All this happen right after he fought with her, and maybe it's related to what Alesh hid, so she must be not okay right now. More not okay.

"ALEESSSH!"

A violent laugh and a small wail caught Eidlan's attention. He immediately ran to that sound.

"Al...!" It's scary how he barely could see and his heart beat faster in every sec, "ALESH!"

What he saw next seemed to freeze his feet instantly. A Jlanx aiming for Alesh, while the girl fells with her back in fire.

"Oh look." The Jlanx said, "your boyfriend coming for the res—"

Eidlan didn't think. He kicks a log, makes it hit the Jlanx, then punches him.

"Al...?" He called, still catching for breath through his emotion, "O God..."

Never, in his life, he saw a burning scar. He looks away while extinguishing the fire. Still, the scars running around his head.

"Here, have my jacket."

Alesh closed her eyes. Hardly got up, immediately accepted Eidlan's jacket and wore it as fast as she could.

"I want to get out," she said, carrying Halen's body and do Jait.

Eidlan nodded, hiding his shaking hand from her. She was looking into his eyes. That's... Terrifying. Fragileness pictured, along with hidden tears and shaking legs. Her eyebrows furrowed, biting her lips and keep taking a deep breath.

Put his arm around her shoulder, he helped Alesh carry Halen and accompany her out. He could feel the burning ambience emanating from Alesh's body, but he couldn't say anything. His own heart ached for Halen's condition.

"Eid —" Diwas who was about to greet Eidlan changed his face, "Oh God. What happened to my sister!"

He's trembling from head to toe, staggered to a tree, refraining from going too far in grieving. Eidlan joined him to let his tears come. He put Halen's body on Mother's lap, sobbing softly as Alesh bit her lip, thinking about how she has to NOT gain the sorrow.

*****

"CASYA!"

Some fire goes out when he runs. He looks around, only to realizes that the Jlanx had left, or might die in Eidlan or Alesh's hand.