The World is Square

"What's that noise?"

Eidlan straightened his back, also caught the commotion outside. The Jlanx look curious, they all stared at the door with wide eyes. From the distance Alesh give a code, Eidlan nodded, he also knew why that happened.

There was a loud explosion, all Jlanxs simultaneously protecting the head. But nothing happened, it seems like whatever is that only affected the outside.

"That's three layers of bombs!" Yelled a faint sound from outside, "the other two will follow in five minutes!"

"Askar and Grier?" Vasyl whispered, Eidlan nodded.

"Psst! Psst! Alesh!" Behind her mask, Alesh glared. Eidlan continues, "I have a plan, is your sensor still functioning?"

She nodded slowly, just realized that their weapons were gone, maybe the army took it when she was unconscious.

A second explosion rang out. Vasyl reflexively flinched, his heart pounding, mind floating to Grier. Eidlan sharpened his strength, realizing that Askar and Grier were beaten, even so their resistance is comparable.

Seconds later, the sound of gunfire returned. Eidlan still watched his two friends, praying for their safety. Vasyl's legs trembled, hardly pushed the urge to run and save his brother. Alesh leaned on the net, I couldn't lose my family anymore.

*****

"ASKAR!"

"What?"

"Go back! I see that soldier's still breathing!" Grier answered, looking at a soldier lying in front of the door, not moving at all when his friends took the rifles and fired at both of them. "Put me down! I will hold them back from chasing you!"

"Are you crazy?" Askar screamed, sharply turn as the bullet grazed Grier's feet. "No one knows if they will be focused on you or not! After all, I won't take you down with bullets that—"

"He's still alive, Kar!"

"The bomb will explode in a few seconds!"

Grier bit his lip, "But maybe that's the only way they can trust us."

Askar thought for a few moments, then he swooped back sharply — This time his hand reached into his pocket and threw something two meters away from the firing soldiers. He releases Grier while gave something quickly. Flew towards the soldier, while the object he had thrown exploded. The fire that came out of the bomb was not much, but the sound was constantly ear-splitting enough to made the soldiers lost their concentration. Grier pushed a button from the object Askar was given, it turned into a good shield. Grier rolled, choosing to hide rather than fight.

Askar found it a little difficult to reach the soldier, because the other soldiers continued to shoot him. Fortunately Grier understood, he shot several soldiers right in the leg, giving Askar a chance to approach the soldier.

"You better be grateful," Askar said while carrying the soldier's body. His mind heard a bomb say, five... four...

"Hold your fire!" Commanded a soldier, "he brought Mr. Harno!"

Three... Two...

"Determine your direction! Shoot..." The soldier who gave the command raised his hand,"...now!"

"DON'T!" Grier cried out, he shot a soldier's hand.

The soldiers were not afraid. Some shooting at Grier, the rest were trying to take down Askar who was just about to fly — Yet he didn't have time. The bomb exploded right after his feet left the ground. Grier rolls over and takes cover with a shield. Askar also issued a shield and protected himself and the soldier, he ran and fly low a second later.