Our Kind Doesn't Kind At All

"TAKE THEM! BRING THE JLANXS!"

"Why are they have to yell?" Alesh protested while slashing her knife, "Ouch! Oh man, it's an expensive jacket!"

Grier held an attack, his knife stroke a teenage boy's chin, "Why are you wore an expensive jacket to a battle?"

Alesh stunt for a sec, "Oh. You got the point."

"BRING THE JLANX! BRING THE JLANX! BRING THE-"

"Where were..." Vasyl gone for a few seconds and came back with lots of people collapsing to the ground, never woke up again. "...you?"

Ales grimace. She knew they — her friends and herself — only did that for protecting themselves and the one who died is a bad guy, but that doesn't mean it was an okay view.

"I'm talking to the animals," she finally answered, closing her eyes as she felt something thick and warm stream down her arms, "it's better for them not knowing about Zeshanieans."

"Who?"

"The blue animals. Don't let them know."

The twins' nod. Vasyl runs, Alesh and Grier stand back to back, their knife never stops slashing. Periodically they stab. For Alesh, sometimes she has to dodge and punch someone.

The bad-Jlanx seem to know about her 'normal' weakness; allergic and respiratory problem. Occasionally they throw dust, while the others attack her chest or grab her neck. When the thirteenth times they did that, Grier saw it. He turns his back, hands gripping a knife that became a witness of a breaking arm.

"Have you seen Eidlan?"

That was a serious question, but Grier burst to laugh, "VASYL! I WON! I TOLD YOU SHE COULD HOLD HERSELF TO ASK MUCH LONGER THAN FIVE MINUTES!"

Vasyl showed up out of nowhere. Dried red marks still covered half of his face. Eyebrow still narrowed, his legs bent as if he was shaking so hard. Yet, all he said is, "Oh man! Why are you so tough!"

"You said that like that's a bad thing!" She yelled back while covering her eyes, her right legs torture so bad that her black pants started to change colour, "and seriously, where is he?"

"On the other side of the forest. Don't worry he's fi-"

"GRIER!"

Alesh squealed, she accidentally let five Jlanxs slash her stomach. Grier's back had just been shot. The shooter grinned in satisfaction — but that grin vanished when Vasyl suddenly appeared next to him and kicked his face.

"THAT'S FOR MY BROTHER!"

Vasyl's roar turned into a strange choked sound when Grier collapsed. Alesh and Vasyl stopped. They stood side by side, eyes fierce staring at the enemy, hands gripping the knife taken from the twins' bag tightly.

"We need Eidlan!" Alesh screamed, "can't you get him?"

"How about you?"

"Seriously? This time and you still worried about my feeling? I know — AW!" She kicked someone right after her knife worked, "I know you're worried about your brother, don't pretend like you don't. I'll be fine. No need to worry about me."

Vasyl glanced at his brother. A little trembling, he nods, "Thank you."

Grier closed his eyes. His body can feel the bullet that is increasingly getting deeper into his body. That's not overacting, the bullet was programmed for that.

"Hold on, Grier." Alesh dodge, she dropped herself in front of him while kicking someone's blade. Her right arms torture. Grier watched with his eyes opened wide, can't stop shaking when someone stabs her left arm. "Dd-ddon't worry! It felt like a bee sting! I'm fine!"