They Said I Shouldn't Make A Long Chapter So I Did

The door has opened when Vasyl arrived. His mother, Veona, immediately gave a sigh of relief, "Oh my god! My son!"

"Maigher!"

He untied all the ropes, burst into his mother's arms.

"I'm glad you're okay..." Veona whispered, "where is your brother?"

"He's still fighting!" He introduces everyone he brought, "no time to explain but please help my friend take care of his sister's body. After all, Mother took care of me very well, so we gotta help them."

"But..." Veona murmured, "Mom doesn't mind if you have to help hundreds of people. But should you go again? I mean..."

Gamian, the twins' father who was watching with his face signalling pain, gained his awareness again. He saw the looks of everyone. Sore, wounded, trembling, shaky... Tears on their cheeks... And there is a little girl's body in his living room.

Gamian grabbed Veona's shoulder and looks at his son, "Stay strong, son."

Vasyl nodded, back to run again. His parents greet their guests, give them warm soup and hot green tea. Tried to endure about how heavy it is to deal with their children's decisions, but they know they can't do much. Even if they locked up their child in the highest tower in the middle of volcano guarded by dragons, somehow they would be able to get out.

Vasyl knocked on the door twice more, the last time he carried a little girl covered in wounds and dust.

"This is Casya... Remember?" Vasyl whispered, "promise me you'll take care of her, 'kay? The best one."

The thought of her and Halen are close and they might enjoy this island stroke his mind again. Casya could've come to this island as a surprise. Birthday surprise, perhaps, where he could do cheesy stuff like arranging her name with candles, or simply learn how to surf together. Anything. Anything but this.

His parents pat his shoulder. If the situation were different, Vasyl would've been teased. But now Veona and Gamian smiled, staring at their youngest son with no grandiose hopes, only him get home safe.

A nurse at Kenway's house immediately took care of her in a room, while Vasyl returned to the front with her parents.

"Be careful," Veona whispered while hug him, "tell Grier we say hello."

Vasyl nodded.

"I love you."

He tried to hide tears, "I love you too."

*****

Vasyl couldn't find Alesh in where she was looking after the children, so he chose to run towards the battle area with a few knives. He saw his friends stunned staring at something new. Something that made him said, "Oh man! I just get used to our life before! And now we have THIS?"

"Mood," Alesh replied.

That 'this' Vasyl was talking about are stood in front of them, about five meters high and has enormous claws with fangs covered with drool. They all purplish-black and jerking things from their body, look like bluish-white electricity. The only thing that's not purplish-black is their eyes, which bright yellow with no pupils.

Three Monster-Jlanx don't wait any longer. They let out a loud roar, able to make their eardrums ring and break some glass. One of them made a faltering sound that sounded like ugly laughter, then raised his hand to destroy half of the orphanage.

Vasyl cursed, "What the hell are they?"

"Believe me or not, but before that they were just small, cute little kids," Grier answered, "then they screamed and turned into this."