14

Angelina

The girls were both sitting on a couch with Sean as they watched tv.

"What was he saying?" Lisa whispered to me.

I shrugged. "I think Casey was bugging him about coming on this trip without her." I frowned.

"What if it's not even about the kids? What if it's about me?" I frowned. "I hope they didn't hear that. If they did, I'll kill him." I muttered without acknowledging that I was talking to his mother.

She didn't even look at me with a scowl, she actually nodded her head and sadly smiled.

"I don't know why he left you for her in the first place. Casey? Out of all people, her? I'd get it if your marriage was falling apart and you were a horrible wife but you weren't. He was just too immature." She sighed.

"Sometimes I just want to slap him across the face." She rubbed her temples.

"Tell me about it." I grumbled. I laid my head down on the table I heard small knocks at the door and Lisa immediately knew it was Grayson.

She opened the door and there Grayson was. He was standing there with a furious expression on his face and his hands were clutched to his sides.

"Why would you leave with the girls? You scared me Angelina!"

"I don't know, why were you screaming on the phone with Casey? You could have scared them by your yelling?" I said calmly.

"What? They were fine!"

I stood up and walked closer to him out of rage. "Grayson you weren't even in the room with them!" I bellowed.

Realizing how loud I was, I turned around to look at the girls.

They both looked scared. They have never heard me yell like that.

I quickly grabbed Grayson's hand and a key card and left the room. I stood right outside the door and slammed it shut.

Grayson looked pissed, like he just wanted all of this to be over.

I don't care. I don't want my daughters to hear anything they shouldn't have to. What he was doing was wrong. He wasn't even watching them!

"Just listen," I whisper yelled. "Do not, and I mean do not, ever get into an argument like that in front of my daughters like that again. You weren't even in the same room as them! What if they knew something was wrong? I understand that children need to learn about certain things, but there is always a time and a place. Always."

Grayson said nothing and walked away.