26

Angelina

"Casey?" I shouted over the music.

She glanced up at me.

"What?" She questioned.

"Did you get anyone anything?" I asked.

She scoffed.

"Of course not." She rolled her eyes and went back on her phone.

The room fell silent.

"I didn't even notice that..." Ethan trailed off.

"Who do you think you are?" I questioned her. "How are you going to come to this hotel uninvited for Christmas, and then not give anyone gifts when you received plenty?" I said as my blood became hot.

"You didn't get me a gift." She stated dryly.

"Yeah, because I don't like you. And I don't care about you not giving me a gift Casey. If you gave me one I would would have just gave it right back." I rolled my eyes.

"Then who was I supposed to get a gift for? Your bastard daughters?" She spat.

I looked at her in silence.

Did that bitch just fucking say that to me? In front of my kids?

"Get the hell out." Grayson said.

"What? You can't kick me out Grayson." She shook her head.

"Casey, get the fuck out."

"I'm not leaving." She laughed. I stood up slowly and walked over to her.

I winded my hand up and backhanded her. Her body jerked to the left as she held her face.

"Get the fuck out." I spat.

"Grayson! If I leave we're over." She yelled.

"Do you really think I still fucking want you? Get the fuck out!" He shouted.

She stood there for a moment.

Casey grabbed her phone and stormed out of the room.

I stood there in silence and looked over at the girls who were almost in tears. I grabbed them both by the hands and immediately walked over to the bathroom.

I closed the door and immediately dropped to my knees so I could be closer to them. 

"I'm sorry." I said as I began to cry softly. They cried right after me. "Please don't cry." I wiped their tears.

I hugged the both of them tightly.

I heard the door open. It was Grayson. He did the same thing as me.

He dropped down onto his knees to hug Aaliyah and Athena.

"This is all of my fault." Grayson muttered.

"No it's not. We're having a good Christmas, I promise!" Athena smiled.

Grayson laughed. "It doesn't look like a good Christmas." He shook his head.

"You're right." Aaliyah said. "It's the best one."

"Are you sure?" Grayson asked.

"Yes! We don't break promises." Aaliyah said and she held Grayson's face.

"It's true." I smiled.

Athena and Aaliyah ended up leaving the bathroom but me and Grayson stayed behind.

We sat in silence.

"Hey, Angelina?" He asked.

"Mhm?"

"I platonically love you." He said to me quietly.

"Hey, Grayson?" I asked.

"Mhm?"

"I platonically love you too." I replied. He smiled at me and we ended up uncontrollably laughing.

I helped Aaliyah and Athena set up their Nintendo switches.

I heard a knock on the door and I looked around.

Who is that supposed to be?

"Hold on." I excused myself from the girls.

"I swear to god if it's Casey I'm knocking this bitch out." I muttered to myself.

I opened the door and I saw nick.

I looked at him confused. "Why are you here?"

"Come out. Please." He said to me. I stepped out and stood on the wall.

"Why are you here?" I repeated myself.

"I wasn't on a date last night." Nick stressed.

I looked at him confused.

"You weren't?" I asked.

"No. I was with my three cousins. They are the only family members that I have in California and I wanted to see them for Christmas." He Said to me.

I feel like a fucking idiot.

I facepalmed myself.

"That makes so much sense." I said. "I'm so sorry." I apologized.

"You don't need to apologize. I understand why you acted the way you did, it's okay."  He said.

"Are you sure?" I asked. He nodded.

"Does that mean that we're seeing each other again?" He asked. I smiled.

"One hundred percent." I smiled.

"Great. I got you a Christmas present." He smiled at me and handed me a huge gift bag.

"Hold that thought. I got you one too." I said. I went back inside and went under my bed and got his gift.

I walked back out the door and handed his to him.

"How did you get my room number?" I asked.

"I gave it to him." Grayson said from behind me.

I turned around.

"You did?" I asked.

"After you stormed off I asked him what happened since I saw him with you before. He told me that he needed to talk to you so I told him our room number." He said.

I smiled widely.

"Thank you Grayson." I smiled.

"Nick?" Grayson asked.

"Yeah?" He responded.

"You wanna come in?" He asked.

Nick looked at me and smiled.

"For sure."

Nick grabbed my hand and we walked through the door together.

Aaliyah and Athena were right.

This was the best Christmas ever.