16

Angelina

        It was eleven thirty pm. I sat on my bed with Aaliyah next to me and Athena in the other bed. She was patiently waiting for her father to come to the hotel room but her body ended up giving out on her.

            I looked at them with a sigh. There was no other light illuminating the room besides the television and the lamp on the nightstand beside me.

              I felt bad for the argument that I had with Grayson earlier, but I still needed him to know his boundaries. Even if I came across as a bitch.

           As soon as I started to doze off, I heard a door open and shut. I looked to my right and saw Grayson at the door.

      I looked over at him, slightly surprised. "Where were you?" I asked softly, trying not to sound to invasive.

          "I walked around for a couple hours, then stayed in my mom and dads room." Grayson simply said.

          I nodded and closed my eyes for a split second to put together an apology, but when I opened my eyes he was gone.

        I looked around in confusion and soon heard the shower start running.

        I sighed and went on my phone and realized I had a notification from ten minutes ago. I licked my lips in confusion and unlocked my phone.

(Xxx)-xxx-xxx- hey, it's the guy
Who questioned you about your
Pineapple smoothie the other
Day :)

I looked at my phone surprised. I forgot that I had even given him my number. My eyes lightened with excitement and I quickly texted him back.

Me: is that the best pick up
line you've got?

(Xxx)-xxx-xxx- I'll have a better one
when you show me that you're interested
In me

Me: interested in someone
I don't know the name of?

(Xxx)-xxx-xxx- oh snap

(Xxx)-xxx-xxx- you're right

(Xxx)-xxx-xxx- my name is Nick

Me: hey nick I'm Angelina :)

Nick- you're saying hey like
I'm talking to you for the first time

Me: I'm talking to nick
for the first time

Nick: don't be fresh with me!

Me: shut up

Me: if you could see me I'd
be sticking my tongue out at you

Nick: ayo I got a question

Me: what

Nick: are you a child

Me: shut up you loser

Nick: :o

Nick: I can't believe

Nick; oh my god :/

Me; yeah loser!

Nick: stop I'm going to cry.

Me:  cry me a river.

Nick: so if I was really
crying rn that would be your
response?

Me: id laugh

Nick: mean

Me: HAHAH

nick: I gotta go

Nick: it was nice talking
to you Angelina :)

Me: you too

Read

          I smiled and put my phone down. Grayson walked out of the bathroom with a T- shirt and plaid pajamas.

         "I'm sorry."

        "I'm sorry."

        We both said at the same time. We looked at each other in slight amusement.

            "I'm sorry for yelling at you so much." I apologized.

       "I'm sorry for yelling in front of the girls." Grayson apologized.

           "Do you want to talk about what you were talking about earlier on the phone?" I asked.

           Grayson shook his head and got under his covers. Somehow Aaliyah knew about his presence since she immediately wrapped her tiny arms around him.

        My heart immediately warmed at the sight. I turned off the television and the light on night stand.

            "Good night." I smiled.

           "Good night."