Down the Slim Street

The dark street had only one lamp illuminating the area so that only shadows could be seen of the few people loitering around. Dumpsters and trash bags along the side of the alley made the street even narrower and made tripping all the more possible. Despite the danger the narrow street posed, Litwick seemed to be okay with it. Mareep, on the other hand, took great notice of the eerie atmosphere that hung over the street.

"G-Guys, I don't think we should be here."

"I admit that it's pretty shady," I agreed with Mareep, "but I think there could be some interesting things here."

I looked further down the narrow alley and saw a glowing orange sign; it was the only other source of light. I walked towards it to investigate and the others trailed behind me. Upon further inspection, the glowing sign had a picture of a cup and saucer. Next to it was a door that also had an outline of orange lights. Mareep stepped forward and looked at the door.

"What is it?"

"I'm pretty sure that this is called a cafe. I've been to some with Beth, people there offer drinks that pokemon and humans alike can have. Though I have never seen one in a place like this."

"Can we go in?"

"I think so, pokemon are allowed to stay in all the cafes I've been to."

I pushed on the door and light from within the building flooded the dark alley. After standing in the doorway for a few seconds, we all walked in.

The floor was made of a dark orange checkered carpet that complemented the orange cushioned seats that sat around brown tables. There was a bar counter further back with candles on top and similar seats in front of it. A human in a grey suit stood behind the counter and a blond man holding a guitar stood in front of it. The man behind the counter spoke.

"Welcome to Cafe Sonata, let me get you some drinks."