forty

third person.

"Julia, can I speak to you for a second." Taylor said over the music that was blasting through the house of the party.

With the boys from Why Don't We having a large group of friends outside their band, going to parties was almost a weekly thing and as they were back from tour, the five of them and their girlfriends all headed to the party being held that week.

Anna and Zach had already disappeared somewhere, people were assuming they joined in with the big game of hide and seek, with the twist that to be caught you had to be shot by a nerf gun.

Julia nodded at Taylor, before she got pulled away a little bit from the group into a much quieter corner of the house.

"I just want you to know that I'm trying to look out for you, I don't want to break any friendships on purpose." Taylor said, keeping a hold of Julia's wrist but just enough grip so that she was able to pull away if she wanted to.

"It's about Anna." Taylor continued, and with that Julia rolled her eyes, going to walk away from her but being pulled back, "I'm being serious."

"Stop trying to cause arguments." Julia said, folding her arms and crossing her ankles, "It's getting boring."

"I have proof of what i'm about to say." Taylor said, showing her phone as she put it back onto her pocket. Julia let her shoulders fall slightly, being more convinced with whatever the girl opposite her was about to say.

From the distance, stood in the corner of the room with Zach, was Anna discreetly watching the pairs conversation. Just in case Taylor was up to anything that could potentially ruin any friendship Julia had.

"Anna told me that the reason why she isn't with Zach is because she's waiting for Daniel to become available because she's the better one out of the duo." Taylor explained, showing Julia the DM's between the two of them.

"Anna wouldn't do that, its clearly fake." Julia said shrugging, rolling her eyes slightly as Taylor shook her head.

"If that was the case, Anna wouldn't know about the small little freckle on his waist." Taylor shrugged, then showing the girl the message where Anna had supposedly said exactly that.

But the difference was that this time, it had seemed much more believable.

And so, Julia walked over to Daniel and stopped in front opposite him, and once he saw her there he smiled at her, "Every time I see you, you just get more and more cuter."

"Do you have a freckle type thing on your waist?" Julia asked him, sighing as the boy furrowed his eyebrows but also nodded.

"That was a very odd question, why are you concerned about that?" Daniel asked, placing his drink down on the table beside him.

She sighed, shaking her head, "I don't know, Taylor told me some things and I don't know what to think or believe."

"Didn't we say to not listen to any drama she tried to create?" Daniel said, wrapping his arms around his girlfriend and placing a small kiss on her forehead.

"Yes but it seemed believable."

"We'll be back in two minutes." Daniel said to Eben and Jonah, who both nodded and he took Julia's hand and led her upstairs towards the master bedroom of the house.

"Where are we going?" Julia asked as he closed the door behind them and then headed over to the balcony.

Once he opened up the door and both of them were on the balcony of the house, he took two chairs and placed them beside each other, a blanket on one and a cushion on the other.

Julia sat down on the chair with the blanket, eager to wrap herself in it to keep her warm from how strong the wind was, and Daniel sat down on the chair with the cushion, simply watching her.

They sat in silence. A comfortable silence, enjoying each other's presence whilst looking at the view from the balcony on the house, and that got Daniel thinking.

He thought about how lucky he had been the past few months to meet some random girl on a plane and help her calm down, to now where he felt like the happiest guy alive all because of her.

He wasn't quite sure how he ended up here, but he wasn't complaining, after being in the band for three years and being known for being the single one in the band, he had finally met someone who was worth all of that teasing.

"I love you." He said, looking over at Julia, who must not have heard him over the wind as her face was still facing the direction of the view.

Before the boy was able to repeat himself, the two of them were caught off-guard by the sudden flash of lightening just a few blocks away from where they currently were, followed by a loud clap of thunder.

Julia had suddenly got up from her seat, walking closer to the balcony's edge and then looked over shoulder at Daniel, "Do you want to watch the storm with me? Or does that sound weird?"

"It sounds weird, but very fun." He smiled, and once he had walked over to the edge of the balcony, he wrapped his arms around Julia from behind snd rested his head on her shoulder, both of them watching as the storm passed.

authors note

he said ilyyy
even though she didnt hear himm