fifty-eight

third person.

"Julia have you seen what Jack can do?" Zach asked, running over to her as Jack quickly followed behind.

"Don't listen to him Julia." Jack said, covering Zach's mouth with his hand and pulling him to the ground.

"You two are so aggressive." She said, trying not to laugh as she watched the two of them argue.

"And no one is gonna help him?" Corbyn gasped dramatically, walking into the room with Christina right behind him.

"Guys, if you think about it." Zach said, now laying on the floor beside Jack after they had both calmed down, "Julia is like our mom and Daniel is our dad."

"I'm your what?" Daniel asked, sitting down next to Julia and placing his head on her shoulder, wrapping his arms around her waist, "Your dad?"

"Yeah." Zach said, laughing.

"He's not responsible though." Jack shrugged, adding in to the conversation, "Like when we went to the party for Corbyn's birthday and he disappeared with a g-"

Before Jack could say anymore to the group, Daniel quickly cut him off and changed the subject, "Anyways, Zach how are you and Anna?"

"I can't wait to see her." He smiled as his eyes widened slightly, looking at Julia, "Not that she's coming here or anything. I mean she might be, we don't know."

Jack furrowed his eyebrows, looking at Daniel as the boy shook his head slightly at him, "Why did you interrupt me?"

"I didn't." Daniel shrugged, "You just said I wasn't responsible so I thought that was all you had to say."

"I'm going to get a drink." Julia said, going into the boys kitchen as Daniel followed behind her.

Daniel saw this opportunity as a chance to spend some time with just her, whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, "I'll get it for you, what do you want?"

"I appreciate you being the gentleman you are but I can get myself a glass of water," She said, smiling at him as she got a glass and poured herself some water, "But thank you for offering."

The boy nodded, hesitating a smile, "No problem."

"You've been off since you got back from Australia. Are you sure you're ok?" Julia asked, sitting down at the counter as she placed her water down.

He nodded again, avoiding eye contact as he gave her a small kiss and a slight smile before grabbing himself his own glass of water.

"I was thinking of going to the beach later and watching the sunset later." Julia said, "It sounds basic but do you want to come with me?"

"I cheated on you in Australia." Daniel said, his eyes widening as he looked at her, realising he had just blurted it out.

"We can go to some like cafe an- Huh?" Julia furrowed her eyebrows, looking at Daniel as he looked away.

"It was a misunderstanding I should've communicated with you better." He explained, sitting down opposite her as a smile grew on her face, "What?"

"Yeah, sure you did." Julia raised her eyebrows with a hint of sarcasm in her voice, "Are you coming to the beach with me or not?"

There was a moment of silence shared between the two of them, Daniel refused to break eye contact as the girls smile slowly turned into a frown, which only suggested she has figured out he meant it.

"You're not lying," She said in a soft whisper, "But i'm sure it wasn't too serious, was it? Just a kiss on the cheek, something like that?"

The boy finally looked away from her, his hands still covering his mouth as he let out a sigh.

"It was a bit more than that." He said, "But I can explain it, I promise."

Julia didn't say anything to respond but gave a slight nod, suggesting him to start explaining as she was busy trying to hold back her tears.

"I was told you cheated on me with Hudson, and so I wanted to get back at you and so I cheated on you, but then I realised you didn't and you wouldn't and now I just feel stupid." Daniel explained, rubbing the back of his neck as he looked at her, "It was an in the moment thing."

She furrowed her eyebrows, "You don't trust me?"

"No, I do. I was just skeptical already because of how close you were with Hudson," He replied, then looking down and speaking a little quieter, "Which is not putting my trust in you."

Neither of them knew what to do from this point, Daniel had known he did the right thing by telling her what happened and explaining why, but he was slowly growing anxious by the silence Julia was giving.

He had tried to avoid looking at her, but once he did he knew he had messed up their relationship, the way she was frantically wiping the tears off her face with her sleeve then going back to looking out the window had given it away hugely.

"Maybe we're just not good for each other." Julia mumbled just about loud enough for Daniel to hear it.

"Why do you think that?" He asked.

"You're always in the spotlight, Daniel. Anyone can come and take my place, someone who could probably deal with the hate." She explained, pulling her sleeves over her hands, "It's not good for my mental health, and I don't want you stressing over that if you've got a whole fan base to worry about."

"No, no, no. Juls, no one could take your place." Daniel said, placing his hand on top of hers as they locked eyes again, "I love you." 

"I think we should break up," Julia pulled her hand away from Daniel's, "It would be better for the both of us."

He nodded, wiping away a tear, "If that's what you think is best."

No more words were said between the two of them, simply one last smile exchanged as Julia had left the house without saying a word to the four of them, which had only made the bandmates confused as to what happened.

And so they ventured into the kitchen, knowing something was wrong as soon as they saw the look on Daniels face.

authors note

so kids, here's the plan

- an update tonight
- an update tomorrow
- the final chapter Christmas day
sound good?