Prolouge

"Kunoichi-sensei?" I turned to Hinata and nodded. "Are you sure about this?"

I looked over my student before I answered. "I have promises to keep."

Shisui frowned. "We'll have to be more cautious then." I stood, and they followed me into the canopy. "They'll be happy to see us, you think?"

I smiled back at him. "Some of them for the right reasons, yes. Others, well ... not so much."

Hinata returned my smile. "We'll be ready for anything." We soared through the trees. "There's nin ahead..." She activated her Byuakugan. "Oh?"

I did the same and chuckled. "Thought I'd forget, I suppose." We pushed forward until I landed in front of Kakashi and Minato. "What are you doing here?"

They smiled, and Minato wrapped me in a hug, which made me stiffen. He noticed and let go. "To see you home, of course."

I smirked. "Couldn't just send Kakashi, or let us come on our own? We know the way."

He glanced behind me. "You're two short... di-"

I shook my head. "They're doing important things."

He nodded. "Let's go then, I'm sure everyone's waiting to see you."

I shrugged. "Then you two better not slow us down. We should be there in a few hours."

Minato's eyes widen. "It's more than half a day..."

I smirked. "Exactly, just a few hours, let's race like we would when I was younger."

He smiled. "No cheating this time."

I nodded. "Deal." Then, we were off, and I felt Minato's surprise as I raced in front of him. "Minato, looks like old age is getting to you." I laughed behind me.

He smirked. "Not quite." He picked up the pace, and I was mildly impressed that he was catching up. "I still have a few tricks up my sleeve."

I was impressed that Minato had lasted so long in the race, but noted he was losing speed. "Let's rest up ahead, Old Man." He nodded and followed me to a small creek.

Hinata and Shisui were there almost instantly, while Kakashi was still lagging behind. I raised an eyebrow at the two, and Shisui shrugged. "He said he'd catch up."

I looked into the creek and counted out some fish, taking out kunai, I threw them into the water. Hinata channeled her chakra and lifted my catch up in small spheres of water. "They look good, Sensei."

I nodded as Shisui built the fire. "Maybe he's off reading those books that the pervert writes."

Minato sighed. "He has his ways, but you still need to show Jiraya-sensei respect."

I rolled my eyes. "Saw him not too long ago... he hasn't changed a bit."

Minato eyes widen. "How is he?"

I shrugged. "Same old pervert, still calling his peeping research."

Minato thought a moment. "He didn't..."

I smirked. "Even he knows what lines not to cross.  Lady Tsunade beat him close enough to death as it was. He knows I'm not so kind."

Shisui chuckled. "Not that he didn't think about trying, but he refrained."

Kakashi leisurely strolled into the camp and raised a hand. "Yo."

Hinata smiled up at him. "Glad you didn't get lost."

He held her gaze. "For as fast as you guys move, there were no tracks to follow. It's impressive, but lucky for me, Minato-sensei was with you."

Minato scoffed at that. "What's that supposed to mean?"

I saw a slight smile in his eyes. "Stick to your jutsu and body flickering."

I laughed. "We've been doing this a long time, Kakashi. Cut him a break."

I pinched a fish before handing it to Minato. "I'm surprised he was able to keep up at all."

He raised an eyebrow. "Oh?"

I nodded. "You tired some because, unlike Kakashi, you pushed yourself to keep up, but you started to lose speed. That's why we are resting now."

He thought for a moment. "So, if we continue at that speed after we finish here?"

Hinata looked around, eating slowly. "Two hours tops, depends on what lies ahead."

Kakashi shook his head. "I still had to go faster than normal in order to get here. How do you guys do it?"

Shisui smirked. "This is normal for us. You should see how it is when we're in a hurry."

Minato blinked. "So, you move around that fast?"

He nodded. "And with fewer breaks, keeps us from being in one place too long and if need be, lose those who hunt us."

He finished his fish. "Hunt you?"

I frowned at Shisui. "You talk too much."

Minato looked between us. "Who's hunting you?"

I shrugged. "This person and that..."

Minato frowned. "Chihiro..."

I smiled. "No worries, we won't be hunted in the Leaf."

He looked skeptical. "If you say so..."

I stood and brushed my pants off. "Now then, let's get to Konoha."

Minato glanced at Kakashi and smirked. "Keeping up this time?"

Kakashi shrugged. "We'll see." We took to the trees again.

You'll need to be careful, kid.

I know... the gates loomed in front of us. I hate to admit that I kinda missed this place.

I know... and I'm sure it missed you too...