Chapter 30

I sat troubled with the turn of events since I left. "I'm sorry... I didn't know this would happen."

Aya looked at me sympathetically. "Itachi told us what happened before you left. He really regretted putting you in that position."

I averted my gaze. "I shouldn't have let it get that far. I really want them to get along..."

Ryo frowned. "It's their fault. Both knew where they stood with you, even Shisui." I tilted my head. "You've always told him that you saw him as a brother. Even if he hated it, he was wrong to push his feelings on you and Itachi well..."

I sighed. "Let's not relive those events. I know it's early, but I will need your assistance with something." They all looked at me intently, and I smiled. "I knew I could trust you guys."

I discussed the details of the plan and the roles I needed each to play. Each nodded in understanding, and I slid from my seat. "I need to speak with Ibiki and Minato again. You know where to meet up."

Hinata grabbed my hand as I went out the door. I ruffled her hair. "Don't worry... I won't be leaving any time soon." I left as she smiled, reassured.

I sat in Ibiki's office, trying to decide what would be the best option for everyone. What should we do...

Well, dying would solve everything, won't it? I was startled by her sudden intrusion. I don't love Shisui... but I don't love Itachi either, so I'll be fine.

I looked towards my other half, who I only discovered was really the true owner of my body. Chihiro... there has to be another way.

She smiled, a petite girl with long black hair and steel grey eyes, clearly a Hyuuga. Maybe... but this is the best way. You have a body to return to, we don't have to stay as one.

I frowned. So, I'm being evicted.

She laughed, a clear, soft sound, a lot like bells. I don't want to die any more than you do, but the Uchiha get Chihiro. Then you will be Kunoichi again.

I sighed. I can't remember a life without you.

She began to run her fingers through her hair. According to Sensei, you never do until the ritual is complete.

I nodded. So, I'll have to come and bring you back. Sounds like so much work.

She shrugged. As much work as it took to place another soul in an infant, then add a third to her right eye.

I averted my gaze. I wasn't aware that there was someone else to consider, but you had to agree in some way or it wouldn't have worked.

She smiled. I loved Kushina and want her avenged as much as you. I love you and Kurama, but I also love the Leaf. I can live with this marriage, but I need you to talk to Shisui first and see where his mind is.

I frowned. Your love for it is probably the biggest reason it still stands... I don't see how I couldn't sense you all these years.

She shrugged. I didn't know there were two of us either. I guess as the time gets closer, we become more aware.

I sighed. I'll do it, but I don't know what you hope to achieve.

She smiled. If what I've seen is true... then this plan will work... in the long term anyway.

I scoffed. If you say so...

She giggled. So impatient. I rolled my eyes as Ibiki walked through the door. "The Council approved it."

I smirked. "I know."

He looked at me curiously as someone knocked at the door. "Come in." Minato entered. "How did you know?"

I shrugged. "I made it clear that they would have refuge... with or without their help."

Minato smiled. "Well, it worked. Now they are preparing a place for them."

I nodded. "Good." I thought a moment. "I hope there are enough to deter the rebellion." They both nodded. "Prepare what you must. We'll meet at the designated place."

I moved towards the door, and Minato grabbed my arm. "Are you ready to do this?"

I smiled at him sadly. "I don't have a choice." I left and ventured outside the village barrier. "Zetsu?"

I heard a rustling and turned. "We have what you requested. Sasori is interested in knowing what you plan on doing with them."

I smirked. "Master of Poisons is stumped?"

They moved restlessly. "We are all concerned. Seems he has something planned as well."

I nodded. "I suspected as much. Go back and don't betray your covers. I'll be fine."

They hesitated. "If you say so... Don't die, kid." I turned away and closed my eyes as they sunk into the ground. Are you sure about this, Chihiro?

She smiled brightly. Yes. I sighed and went back toward the village. As I approached the interrogation building, I activated the Byuakugan and found my target.

I sat in the grass above his cell and searched for his mind. Shisui...

He stirred. Chihiro... why?

I entered his thoughts and sat before him. I could ask you the same...

He frowned. This was all for you... You deserve more than this... to be happy.

I sighed. I was happy.

He scoffed. With the village? With Itachi urging you to stay?

I shook my head. He never asked me to stay, Shisui.

His temper flared. He doesn't know you.

I tilted my head. What about me? Because quite frankly, you don't either if you choose to act this way. Memories of our travels together flashed before me. I was astounded that if they were not of times when I was menacing or even strong. Each memory was when my guard was down. I see...

He shook his head. You pretend to be strong, but I know differently.

I smiled sadly. Believe it or not... he does, too...

He got furious. Why are you here then?! Go to him if that's where you want to be.

I tilted my head again. I'm where I need to be right now. You've given me the answers I need... He scowled at me. Thank you, Shisui... for everything...