Chapter 3

The Third Hokage was not pleased when I stormed into his office with Itachi in tow. "What is this, Old Man?"

He frowned up at me as Itachi lingered in the background. "He has a mission. Why have you interrupted it?"

I glared at him. "It's suicide and you know it."

He leaned back in his chair. "The affairs of the Leaf don't concern you last you told me."

I placed my hands on his desk. "The Leaf? No. Those I care about? Yes, they are my only concern."

He frowned. "So, you will interfere with the Leaf's affairs? That's grounds fo-"

I smirked. "You've sent your Anbu after me for years now. What are you going to do, exile me for real this time? Or better yet, kill the Nine Tails Jinchuriki?"

He paused. "Then what do you suggest?"

I smiled and activated the Silencing Seals. "You ask your questions, I'll answer what I can... after that, this is forgotten."

It took two hours to leave the office, I stretched when we made it to the street. "So much time wasted. That old man is unbelievable." Itachi trailed behind me silently, and I turned to him. "Hey, your mom made some food for me, and it's far too much. Do you want some?"

He looked at me curiously before nodding. "Hn." We body flickered to the top of the Hokage heads, and I laid out the food. "This is a lot."

I nodded. "Something about me not eating enough." We ate in silence until a familiar voice rang out around us.

"So, here you are." Shisui plopped down beside me, and Hinata shook her head. "So, anything fun happened." He eyed the food.

I rolled my eyes. "You tell me... Mikoto said you were doing something before visiting."

His eyes widened. "Is that where the food came from?"

I ignored him and looked at Hinata. "Hungry?"

She nodded but looked between Itachi and me. "But... if we're interrupting something."

I shrugged. "There's plenty." I already knew he was going to want entrance, so I opened my mind. Are you okay?

I felt his mild annoyance mixed with acceptance. Hn.

I inwardly smiled. I'm happy you came back.

Slight apprehension. Why?

I thought for a moment. Because I know you're safe.

Shisui eagerly dug in. "My aunt never gives me this much food. I thought you were on a mission, Itachi."

I poked his side. "Maybe she wants you to lose weight."

He slung an arm over my shoulder and pinched my cheek. "Or wants you to grow a few inches."

I shrugged him off. "Whatever, Uchiha."

He smirked. "You know the only time I think you liked me was when you saved me, so cold ever since."

I frowned. "Who knows? Maybe I just wanted to punch you a few good times." I never did ask how you managed that.

Don't get any ideas. I told him the next Uchiha to fall from a cliff, I'm killing personally.

Is that so?

I rolled my eyes and turned to Hinata. "How has it been so far?"

She smiled. "Everyone has been kind. It is different being back, though."

I nodded. "Good, hopefully it will stay that way. Sasuke is itching for that spar."

She tilted her head. "They'll be Leaf nin soon..."

I noticed a slight sadness in her words. "Is that what you want, I can maybe talk to Hiruzen-"

She shook her head. "Not yet, maybe later." She seems to like traveling with you.

I nodded. "When you're ready." She has grown a lot, but she will return someday.

We returned to silence. It was evening when I finally stood. "I'm going to see what the others are doing."

Shisui and Hinata nodded while Itachi stood. I looked at him curiously but didn't comment. We packed up and went our separate ways. "I'm not going anywhere, you know." He shrugged. Shisui hasn't learned to keep his hands to himself.

I shrugged. He's like the big annoying brother, harmless.

Disapproval. Does he know that?

I blinked at the question. I believe so... He went silent as his name was called from behind us. "Itachi... I didn't know you had returned."

Izumi was breathless because she seemed to have run to catch up with us. She doesn't have a lot of stamina, does she? I'll leave you two alone.

Just give me a minute... I walked a little distance and waited, humming to myself softly. I leaned against a building and looked up at the clouds, letting my mind wander. I wonder how Aya and Ryo are doing...

Soon after the thought, Itachi approached his face, giving away nothing. "Thanks." I simply smiled and pushed off, avoiding looking in the direction he just came. Where are they?

I shrugged. Can't be too certain right now, but they're doing important things.

He was confused. I thought they never left your side.

I smiled. That was until after the incident two years ago. They left to train and hone their skills. I've seen them very little since. You know you are very disapproving today.

What do you mean?

I came after you, Shisui, putting his arm around my shoulders, Aya and Ryo going to train...

I... I don't know...

Hmmm... We made it to the training ground, and Naruto was yelling at Sasuke about something. "You just think you're so cool!"

I facepalmed. "Are they always like this?" Itachi shrugged. Wow... a lot of help you are...