Chapter 12

I crossed my arms, looking at the window as Aya giggled. "What's funny?"

She giggled again. "I'm sorry, it just amazes me how innocent you are."

I scowled at her. "Forget it, I'll figure it out on my own."

She sighed. "Kunoichi, stop being dramatic." I narrowed my eyes at her. "People who flirt like the person they are flirting with."

I rolled my eyes. "Then how could those two possibly think we were flirting."

She giggled again, and I moved toward the door. "Wait, I'm sorry. It's just what Shisui said all those years ago still holds true."

I frowned. "Shisui says a lot."

She shook her head. "You are oblivious to how others feel about you. Itachi included." I just stared at her. "He... likes isn't a strong enough word for it."

I arched a brow. "False."

She stifled her giggle. "It's true. I never really paid attention until he cared for you four years ago, but I've seen it."

I thought for a moment. "He's always been that way... so false."

She tilted her head. "Always?"

I nodded. "Whenever I got sick or over did it he was always there... when I'm here anyway."

She smiled. "Maybe he's always felt this way then." I rolled my eyes. "How do you feel?"

I shrugged. "He's just Itachi..."

She sighed. "That says nothing."

I tilted my head. "I don't know what you want from me."

She sat back. "Do you feel any different around him... nervous, giddy..."

I thought about it. "Nervous?"

She smirked. "Like... your heart speeds up, or you can't breathe or butterflies in your stomach."

I rolled my eyes. Maybe... "That sounds ridiculous."

She frowned. "Really? That's... odd." I simply blinked. "It's just... he can do things others can't, not that your nicer to him or anything, just you don't seem as annoyed by him, I guess. Or you are extra annoyed, but he ignores it, and you just brush it off."

I tapped my chin. "I don't get how that means anything."

She seemed to be at a loss. "Well, even if you don't feel the same, he's interested."

I crossed my arms. "Soooo... you never actually told me what flirting is... or what it looks like."

She thought for a moment. "It can be different things like teasing or getting close to someone, finding reasons to touch them in a not so perverted way, of course."

I frowned. "Oh, well, that's most boys I know."

She giggled. "That's because a lot of boys like you."

I scoffed. "Weirdos."

That only made her laugh harder. "And that's why.  You don't fawn over them nor try to get their attention like other girls. Plus, you are really pretty." I raised an eyebrow, and she paused. "You don't think so?"

I shrugged. "I wouldn't know... people look like people to me... never really thought of their attractiveness."

She gaped. "So... what about me?"

I tilted my head. "You're Aya."

She blinked, astonished. "No, my appearance..."

I furrowed my brow. "Mmmm.... well, you have green eyes and short black hair, your slender, but have a shape. You're average height..."

She blinked. "And Ryo, Shisui, Hinata?"

I frown. Ryan is tall, but not as tall as Shisui. He has orange hair, but a burnt orange, not a fire orange like Kurama's... he has blue eyes and is muscular. Whereas Shisui is tall but slender... he has the characteristics of most Uchiha... black eyes, dark hair, brooding when he's not messing around. Hinata is petite but not like me. She has medium length, straight, black hair, crystal grey eyes, she's taller than me and shorter than you..."

Aya looked at me, amazed. "And Itachi?"

I opened my mouth to speak but paused before speaking. "He's..." That's far more detail than the others... "medium height, long dark hair with black eyes.... uh... more slender than Shisui..."

Aya arched a brow. "You act like you don't remember what he looks like."

I shrugged. "I don't see him as often as you guys."

She had a knowing look in her eye. "Well, what you gave me were descriptions, but do you find anything attractive about any of those details. Something that stands out and you like."

I thought a moment. Yes... "Not particularly... I don't like this game."

She huffed. "Well... I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you just haven't awakened those emotions yet, or maybe you haven't found the one that can."

I blinked at her. "Maybe... do you have those feelings for someone?"

She paused. "Yes... but his eyes are elsewhere..."

I frowned. "Then he's stupid."

She looked down at her hands. "I can't blame him... she is something, after all, though she doesn't seem to feel the same way."

I huffed. "Then he's really stupid. No worries, though. If he can't see your worth, then someone will come that will." She looked doubtful. "Well... have you told him?"

She shook her head. "Of course not."

I tilted my head. "Then how do you know he doesn't feel the same?"

She smiled sadly. "It's almost like Itachi and you..."

I frowned. "Well, if he really feels that way, I would like to know... makes things less complicated."

She blinked. "What would you say if he did?"

I paused. "I... I don't know..."

She sighed. "You wouldn't push him away?"

I smiled. "I could never do that. He can be annoying, but he's my friend and means well most of the time."

She looked at me curiously. "Then how would you tell him you don't feel the same?"

I shrugged as there was a knock at the door. "Yes?"

Naruto burst into the room. "You've been talking long enough."

I scowled at him. "Clearly, we're not finished."

He crossed his arms. "Well, Itachi already left, waiting on you two to finish."

I blinked at him. "Oh." I felt Aya watching me closely. "Must have had other things to do."

He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, right."

I looked out the window. Wonder where he went...