Chapter 11

Minato and Itachi went to report to the Hokage while the rest of us went to the Minato's. We scattered around the living room of my old home. I sat next to Aya. "Are you sure you're okay?"

She smiled brightly. "Yes, and happy to be reunited."

Ryo nodded. "It's been a long time."

Hinata smiled. "I've missed you guys."

Shisui nudged her shoulder. "What? Tired of just us." She blushed slightly and averted her gaze. What's that about?

Hinata shook her head, speaking softly. "I just miss us all together."

I smiled. "So, how was it?"

Both beamed at me as Ryo jumped up. "Man! I didn't know there was so much to learn about swords and barriers." Then, he pouted. "My sensei was tough though, I don't remember a night I didn't pass out or wake up sore the next morning, but definitely worth it." He gave me a determined look.

Aya nodded. "Mine too... she was hard but had so much to teach me. Not only did I learn medical ninjutsu, but I won't be so useless in combat anymore."

I laughed. "You weren't useless to begin with."

Her smile widened. "Just know you won't have to worry about me as much anymore. How was it with you guys?"

I shrugged. "Same old same old with me, but Hinata progressed wonderfully."

Hinata smiled. "I'm happy with my choice four years ago."

Shisui smirked slightly. "Not many who can teach me that isn't Uchiha, but I picked up a few things and got stronger for sure."

Aya and Ryo exchanged a glance. "We'll need to work on our speed again..."

I smirked. "Others move slow, don't they." They nodded. "Do what you need to later. We have a little time here to rest." Everyone exchanged a worried glance. "Don't worry about me... I have a plan if they try anything." Which is?

Kill them all, no holding back. I heard a grumbling, and Aya blushed. "I haven't eaten in a while."

Ryo laughed. "I thought I was the only one!" I shook my head and went to the kitchen. "Hey, you can almost reach the stove."

I stuck my tongue out at him as the door opened. "Kiss it, Ryo."

He grinned. "Just tell me where."

I facepalmed. "Expression... pervert." Minato and Itachi were frowning at the door. "Food?"

Minato smirked. "Can you reach the 'grown man stove'?"

I frowned as a chorus of chuckles broke out. "I hate you all." I went into the kitchen and felt a familiar shadow follow. "Are you coming to help or tease me too?"

Itachi chuckled. "I can do both."

I glared at him. "Whatever." I pulled out some ingredients and set them out for him to chop. I began to boil noodles and then cut up pork into small pieces.

Itachi glanced up. "When did you learn to cook?"

I began to fry the meat. "Here and there." He sighed softly, speaking under his breath. "What was that?"

He brought over the vegetables, blushing slightly. "Nothing."

I looked at him curiously, speaking softly. "You know what, you can kiss it too."

He set down the vegetables and leaned in close, a glimmer in his eye. "Is that an invitation?"

I felt heat rise to my face, and my breaths came short. "I will stab you, Uchiha."

He smirked, backing away. Note to self... never use that expression again. "Too bad."

I glared at him as I dumped in the vegetables, adding seasoning and soy sauce. "Just... make sure the noodles are okay." I stirred carefully, trying to sort out my reaction. Usually, I'm disgusted, annoyed, or completely unaffected when someone does something like that...

Itachi brought over the strained noodles, and I gestured for him to add them in. "Don't be mad, I was kidding."

I blinked at him. "I'm not mad."

He looked at me for a moment. "Add some more sauce."

I frowned. "I got this." He chuckled as I did what he said. I set aside the dish as it finished and reached for another pan. That, of course, was too high. "Dammit, Minato."

I was about to jump for it when Itachi reached from behind me and plucked it down. "Could just ask."

I felt my cheeks flush at his proximity again and grabbed the pan without looking at him. "Thanks." He hovered for a moment too long. "Do me a favor and sit over there." I gestured to the island, keeping my back turned to him.

I felt his curious look before he moved, and I cut up the rest of the pork. "What's wrong?"

I looked at him, knowing my blush was gone. "Nothing." I'm going to have to get that checked.

He crossed his arms, smirking. "Hn." I fried the rest of the pork and called to the others. "Food's ready." It was like a stampede, so I simply stood to the side as everyone made their food and took a seat in the dining room.

I noticed the two additions to the group. "Naruto, Sasuke, when did you get here?"

Naruto grinned sheepishly. "When you were cooking, I came to say hi, but you two were... occupied."

I looked at him curiously. "Doing what?"

He blushed. "Uh..."

I frowned at him. "We were just cooking."

He turned his gaze to his food. "Looked like more than cooking to me."

Sasuke smirked. "Looked like flirting to me.  Isn't that right, Itachi?"

I tilted my head as Itachi shrugged. "Just cooking." Both of the boys looked at us curiously but didn't comment.

Ryo frowned. "So you'll flirt with him?"

I scowled at him. "We weren't flirting!" Were we? I need to talk to Aya... alone.