Chapter 39

I rose swiftly and followed. "Stay here." I glared at who's was fuming outside. "What is it that you want?"

He clenched his fists. "I forbid you to see him anymore."

I crossed my arms. "You have no right."

He only got angrier. "You are my fiancé."

I raised my chin defiantly. "Regardless, you can't order me or forbid me to do anything." He stiffly walked towards me. "Touch me, and you'll regret it."

He stopped, standing over me threateningly. "You won't see him anymore."

I smirked. "Or what?" He grabbed my arm again and instantly fell to his knees in pain. I
relentlessly channeled, lightening chakra into him until he let go, clutching his arm. "I told you you would regret it."

We were surrounded by his lackeys. "I'd call them back. I won't kill you, but they won't be so lucky."

He shook his head and stood. "I don't want to hurt you. Just come with me."

I scoffed. "I dare you to try."

If looks could kill, I'd be dead. "You're only making this worse on yourself."

I shrugged. "I don't see how." He charged toward me arms outstretched. I erected an ice barrier, knowing it was a clone. And body flickered to the other side after it vanished. "Do you really think you can beat me, Shisui?"

He glowered at me. "You? No. Him? Definitely."

I glanced behind him to where Itachi stood. "You wouldn't..." Shisui spun, throwing kunai at Itachi, and I body flickered in front of him after he deflected them all. "We've done nothing wrong."

He activated his Sharingan. "You even defend him."

I sighed and connected with his mind. "You leave me no choice... sleep." Shisui looked shocked before he fell limp to the ground. I looked at his followers. "Take him home to sleep it off."

I went back into the shop as they gathered him up, sat in my seat, and sighed. "Who knew being engaged was so hard?"

Itachi shrugged as I took an indignant bite of a dumpling. "Maybe this was a mistake."

I pouted. "He'll be okay."

Itachi had a shadow of a smile. "Hn."

We finished, and in normal fashion, Itachi ordered a bag of sweets for me to try to hog. I was still clutching it to my chest as another set of Uchiha stopped us. "Itachi, Lady Chihiro, Fugako wishes to see you."

I frowned. "About?" They looked at each other, unsure how to respond. "Then I refuse, Itachi. I trust you can handle it."

He nodded and grabbed three skewers before leaving with them. I playfully scowled at him. "You'll pay for that." He waved them at me before disappearing around the corner.

I rolled my eyes. At least he's in better spirits. I went back to Minato's and reluctantly gave the boys the rest of the dango. Sasuke took a bite and looked at me. "Where's Itachi?"

I frowned. "Your father summoned us."

He looked at me curiously. "You didn't go."

I shook my head. "Nope."

He frowned. "I don't see why he puts up with you."

I scowled at him. "I'm great, why else?" He just shook his head with a slight smile. "How's your mom?"

He sighed. "She's doing better being away from Dad. I think they've been arguing a lot lately."

I lowered my gaze. "I might be the cause of that."

He shook his head. "Since you left, they've been that way, especially when Shisui started talking about overtaking the village."

I looked at him thoughtfully. "How do you feel about it, Sasuke?"

He looked at me sadly. "I don't want to fight my friends, but not my family either."

I nodded. "I agree."

Naruto, who had been suspiciously quiet, spoke. "You don't want to marry him."

I shook my head. "It's not about what I want."

He scowled. "That's a no. We'll fight for you, Chihiro."

I shook my head again. "Not necessary. I'll do this and put an end to the Uchiha ever inciting rebellion."

Sasuke looked at me curiously. "It's just a paper."

I nodded. "Signed in blood."

His eyes widened. "A jutsu." I nodded again. "Chihiro, all of us signed it..."

I looked at him seriously. "I know, you, your mom, and Itachi. I will sign it, and so will Shisui, sealing the jutsu with marriage. So long as you never try to harm the village, you should be fine. Just like so long as I don't divorce Shisui or harm the village, I'll be fine."

His expression softened. "That shouldn't be a problem for us."

I smiled. "I figured it would've been suspicious if you all didn't sign. It's the clan's contract with me, and trust me when I say I'm good at keeping my end of the bargain."

He fell silent as Minato burst through the door. "Chihiro... Itachi-" He didn't need to say another word, I was already teleporting to the Uchiha compound.

Itachi was surrounded bodies limp around him. I stepped forward. "What is this?"

All eyes fell on me, and several men smirked. "So, you came..."

I balled my fists. "Try it and die... I don't have the same reservations as Itachi."

They approached slowly, and I prepared myself. I heard a whistling and dodged. Several senbon struck the ground where I stood. I smirked. "The hard way it is." I felt more weapons coming my way and spun.

I deflected them all towards an enemy. I gestured for them to come closer. They hesitated, and I broke my stance, placing both hands behind my back. "So, what's the plan, boys?"

I felt Fugako behind me and shifted so my back was facing a wall. "It was to subdue you two until the wedding, but it seems they're not capable."

I smirked. "You didn't think it'd be that easy."

He frowned. "Clearly, but I will say this. You two are not to see each other until the wedding or there will be none."

I kept my expression. "Is that so?"

He looked down at me, showing me his seriousness. "It is. You continue to choose my son over your betrothed and indecently flaunt it around the village. The Uchiha will not be made a mockery of."

I sighed. "As you wish." I teleported to the training grounds, and Itachi was not far behind. "Seems he's serious."

Itachi stood beside me, brooding. "Yeah... what will you do?"

I smiled at him sadly. "If he wants this, then I don't do things halfway. No one will see me until the ceremony."

Itachi grimaced. "You're leaving again."

I nodded. "I won't be far... but I won't go around acting like Shisui and I are some happy couple, either. It'll be easier this way."

He looked down at me sadly. "I can't come."

I shook my head. "They'll assume if we both disappear and I've got a good track record going of not being found til I'm ready."

He sighed and placed a hand on my cheek. "Okay."

I touched his hand and smiled. "I'll be back, I promise." He looked surprised as I pulled him down and quickly kissed his forehead before teleporting outside the village.

I looked at the waterfall. "Now, where to go." Better make it good because next time we come back, we'll be trapped for a bit...