Five

Tell me what kind of man
Would treat his woman so cold
Treat you like you're nothin'
When you're worth more than gold
Girl to me you're like a diamond
I love the way you shine
A hundred million dollar treasure
I'll give the world to make you mine

Demarcus

When Erica called me, I dropped everything I was doing. My friends are mad at me but I don't give a shit. I'll take any chance to be alone with her. They probably doing the same old shit anyway.

I rung the doorbell. This building is definitely different from my apartment building. Not saying I live in the trap or nothing but you can tell people with money stay in here.

She opened the door. Her eyes were puffy and red. My heart was crushed. Seeing her down like this.

"Hey, Erica." I smiled.

"Hey, come in." She said lowly moving aside.

"I brought you some Chinese food. I brought a little bit of everything just in case you didn't know what you wanted."

"That is very kind of you. You can set it on the counter, right here." She pointed.

The place was decked out.

"You and your husband must be really balling to have an apartment and a house." I looked around admiring all the nice furniture, art pieces that looked like they cost more than my entire apartment.

"It's mine. It was a gift from him. I come here to get away from him when I need too." She poured her a glass of red wine. "I'm sorry, where are my manners? Would you like something to drink?"

"Yeah, you got some Hennessy?"

"I sure do!" She opened up the liquor cabinet. It had every selection you could think of. "Ice or no ice?"

"No ice. Erica, Where's your bathroom?"

"Straight down that hall, first door on your left."

"Thanks!"

"No problem." She smiled.

In the bathroom. I didn't even have to use it. I just needed had to have pep talk with myself for tonight. I needed to man up. I was tired of feeling tongue tied around her.

Splashed my face with some cold water to wake me up.

  I journeyed back out to the living room. Erica was still making us drinks. I start to snoop around a little bit. She had all this beautiful black art on the walls. I had never seen some of these paintings before.

The pictures on the sofa table of her and her kids, her husband. My eyes went straight to one where she was dressed in lingerie with an open dress shirt over it. It was classy, sexy just like she is and I didn't expect nothing less.

"Victoria Secret Model?" I joked as I held the picture up so she could see.

She laughed as she walked towards me. "I wish. I took that for my 45th birthday. It was a reminder that I still have it. Whatever actually "it" is."