Thirteen

Omniscient

Erica sat across from the vain man she once called her husband. She had better things to do this evening; Demarcus was included in that equation. That's who she'd been thinking about the whole time during this dinner as Terrance talked in circles. Never finishing a story but it all seems to revolve around him.

The only reason for this meetup was to discuss the rest of what she owed on a few upcoming bills and who is gonna cover the rest of Briana's senior year fees. She desperately wished this was over the phone.

She didn't know why she agreed to this after he threatened her job the other day.

"Look, are we done here?" Erica sighed deeply. "We went over everything we needed to and I have something else to do.".

"What's the rush? Can't we just talk for a minute about other things?" He raised an eyebrow.

"What is there to talk about?" She folded her arms across her chest. "I have nothing to say to you anymore."

"Well let me start by saying you look beautiful tonight."

Erica rolled her eyes. She didn't want to hear his compliments. She knew they were just to make him feel better about himself. Erica knew she was beautiful. Surprisingly, it took for Demarcus to build her up and let her know how beautiful she was every time he saw her.

A man she knew for months showed her what a man she had been with for thirty years couldn't.

"Save it, please." She took a sip from her wine glass. "I'm leaving, now." She began to get up from the table but he he firmly grabbed her arm.

"Get the hell off of me!" She said as lowly as possible trying not to cause attention.

"So, you think you're all that now because of that boy you've been seeing? You think he loves you?" He said with villanly laugh. "I doubt that."

"First off he's not a boy. He's a man. Much more of a man than you'll ever be!" Erica snatched away from his tight grip. She grabbed her purse and stormed out of the restaurant.

"Erica, I'm not finished talking to you!" Terrance yelled as he tailed behind her into the parking lot.

As she opened her car door, Terrance slammed it shut. He backed her against the door. His hands held her tightly around her waist. She squirmed trying to get away from him.

"I will scream, if you don't let me go!"

"I suggest you give me what I want or—," He leaned into the crook of her neck and placed a kiss on it. "Your little secret won't be anymore." He whispered.

"Terrance, let me go!"

Erica felt disgusted with herself. She blamed this on her nature to see the good in people. She thought for once Terrance might have good intentions and changed even. She was wrong.

Terrance felt up her dress. Squeezing on her ass. Erica hated every moment of this. The people who were making their way into the restaurant didn't look their way. Even if they did, they thought it was consensual on both ends.

"That boy just wants one thing from you and that's sex. I don't blame him either." He nibbled on her ear making her cringe. "You always been good bed."