Twenty One

I used to be commander-in-chief
On my pimp shit, flying high
'Til I met this pretty little missile
That shot me out the sky
Hey, so now, I'm crashing (Don't know how it happened)
But I know it feels so damn good
Keri Hilson| Knock You Down

Demarcus

"You sure you cool with me going out tonight?" I asked Erica as I came out of the bathroom in just my boxers. I saw her peek up from her book to look at her favorite part of my body.

"Yes." She took her glasses off and closed the book. "I told you I'm not keeping you. You can go whenever you please. I am secure in my position in your life unless I should believe otherwise."

Damn she's so sexy without even trying.

"As you should be. And of course not. Believe that."

I went into the closet to find out what I'm wearing. I scanned the small section of Erica's closet that was designated for my clothes. It's funny how I used to just keep sweats and t-shirts in a pile. Now I got actual clothes hung up in here.

Tonight me and the guys are going to a new cigar bar in the city. Then Senator Richardson is having some party for the "Young People" to get them to vote for him.. I guess. I'm just glad I don't have to work.

I chose something simple. A nice shirt and some slacks. Simple but still a little dressy.

"Bae, what you think?" I stepped back into the bedroom.

She turned from the tv to look at me. "Oooh, you look handsome. I like it."

She got me blushing. "You know how I do." I fixed the Rolex on my wrist.

"I wish you weren't already dressed. I wouldn't mind taking those clothes off of you."

The way she bit her lip when she said it. Had me contemplating on being a little late.

I walked over to her side of the bed. She moved over so I could have some room. I rubbed her thigh.

"You know that can be arranged. My boys know I'm usually late anyway."

"Nice try. Go and have fun. When you get back," Her hand caressed my back softly. I love when she touches me. "We can...." She continued her sentence whispering in my ear.

I couldn't stop from smiling. "You promise?"

"I promise."

She moved to the edge of the bed next to me.

"Bet." I said already having in my mind what I wanted to do to her. "What you gonna do tonight?"

She thought about it. "Pry Briana out of her room and make her spend time with me. That's sorta what I have to do now." She giggled. "Mom is no fun, now that she's about to be eighteen."

"You're still fun to me." I nudged her. She is. I haven't had this much fun with anyone I've been with. I was always the one coming up with the ideas, conversation, everything else. It was always one sided.

"Of course you'd say that just to make me feel better."

"Nah, I mean that."

She cupped my cheek in her hand. "You're too kind and I don't deserve it."

I hate that she's still insecure from that bastard she was married to. I try my best to assure her of everything I feel about her when I genuinely mean it. Even when we're having sex.

"You deserve the world and then some. I'm gonna give it to you. Now that's what I can promise you." I leaned in and pecked her forehead and then her lips. I invited her lips in for more than just a quick peck.

I couldn't fight the urge in my pants when her tongue slipped into my mouth.

"I got time to fit a quickie in." I said as I broke the kiss.

~

"You might as well just move in with her already." Jamal cracked on me as he sat across from me. "I basically live by myself now."

Ever since I got here. I couldn't catch a break from the moment I walked in. They started already assuming why I was late.

"I might... you never know. I'm just playing my position until she is ready." I sipped my beer. "Can we talk about something other than me? I mean if y'all had at least just one woman for longer than three months. Then we could chat."

"I guess you got a point but we gonna keep getting all sex we want without playing house. I'm not ready to settle down yet." Tre said.

"Here here!" Jamal raised his glass of 1942.

"Y'all fools crazy. Y'all worried about the wrong shit. Maybe if you could bag a mature woman, you might learn a thing or two."

"I have actually...several. I did learn a thing or two." Jamal sat up in his chair. "That head game is fire."

It's always the same thing with my friends. I'm not saying they gotta be like me but at some point they should try it. The stuff they on was cool when we were fresh outta highschool and maybe till about 23.

But I'm about to be twenty five soon and I love my relationship with Erica. They can clown me all they want.

"Iight, let's stop making fun of him before he gets in his feelings." Tre said. "And start giving us a lecture."

"Tonight's on me anyway." I said.

"Another round of 42." Jamal called out to the server. "Yeah for you too, Mr. Lover. You need to loosen up."

"What are y'all talking about? I'm chilling. I'm trying to pace myself. You know we hitting another spot after this."

"Yeah, we know. We got you. We know you gotta drive. Even if you do get too fucked up, we'll make sure you get back to your woman's house."

"Cool." I shrugged.

I can admit. Lately I have been strictly on Erica time. But she's been going through it since the assault and I couldn't just leave her, even if my boys wanted me to hang out with them.