Fourteen (Part One)

Three Months Later

Erica

"Are you going to help me pick out an outfit or are you just going to stuff your face?" I asked Tammy.

"I'm sorry, Mhm, this cake is so damn good! You should really think about going into business with this!" She dusted her hands off and sat the plate on the coffee table

"I'm sorry, Mhm, this cake is so damn good! You should really think about going into business with this!" She dusted her hands off and sat the plate on the coffee table. "What do you have in mind?"

Her attention was finally on me. It is so hard to find good help these days.

"Nothing, that's what I called you for." I sat down on the couch across from her.

"Hmm, let me think." Her face became serious for a moment as she contemplated.

All of this fuss is becoming slightly irritating. Demarcus has been begging me to take me out for a while now. I've been so used to just our dates at home and me not putting too much effort into what I'm going to wear. At least it's this weekend so I still have a few days to back out of this....

"I got it. Do you have something black?"

"I do actually. There's this brand new black dress I got just because... I never really thought about wearing it."

"Why?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Cause it's tight in all the right places and I hate how big my ass is."

The reason why I still get catcalls wherever I go, even if I wear sweatpants it's still noticeable.

"Erica, these young bitches are out here paying thousands to get a booty like yours! You better embrace it." She picked up another piece of cake.

"I don't even know about this whole date thing anyway and why he wants to go on one so bad. We're technically already dating."

"Y'all been dating on the low. Now that the divorce final... he wants to show you off. You know men love flashing anything they can."

"I get that... I guess that's it. I just can't shake the fact... I'm not married anymore and have to start all over. Even though me and Demarcus already know each other. It's still new because I've been with one man for thirty years."

"Thank God for starting over!" She praised. "I am so happy you are free of that pompous bastard. So it works out great... you can live a little and fuck all you want."

Bittersweet it is being a free woman now in just 4 months. Terrance became more and more of an asshole during our last couple of divorce hearings. He even pulled this stunt for missing court one day saying he got robbed or something. I don't believe that one bit. I'm just so happy that we had worked everything out without him being too difficult. Which rushed things and made it be finalized sooner.