Fourteen (Part Two)

Demarcus

"That jacket cold as fuck! I haven't seen you that sharp since your father's wedding." Jamal gave an approving nod, to my blue velour suit jacket I got from Nordstroms.

My usual suits consists of black. I wanted some color and something different for tonight.

"What the hell you talking about, nigga? I dress fly all the time." I adjusted my jacket.

"Not better than me. My drip is way better than yours." He sipped his beer.

Here he goes. He always hating on a nigga.

"You get all your drip from me and always have." I corrected him.

I walked over to the mirror in the hallway. Straightening my jacket. I haven't put this much into dressing up in a while. Erica is different. I had to pull out all the stops.

"I'd take it. Y'all gonna end up at her place tonight?" Mal said with a small chuckle.

"Actually I got us hotel downtown, cause you nosey as hell!"

His laugh became bigger. "I'm not nosey. I choose to hear it."

I shook my head. No matter how big this apartment is. It seems so small. With Jamal being a weirdo. Our rooms are a good amount of distance from each other. We figured this place would be perfect because of the bedroom distance.

"This y'alls first time going out out, right?"

"Yeah, perfect occasion for it to. Her divorce is finally final. So she is all mine."

"Damn, I thought she was never gonna get out. It happened pretty fast though. Do you think it's because you set him up?"

"I don't know," I shrugged. "Might be."

"She still doesn't know about that?" Mal rose from the couch, heading to the kitchen to get another beer.

"Nah," I took a quick photo for IG as I stood in the mirror. "She doesn't need to know. She knows he got robbed because he showed up to the hearing all banged up. She just didn't know I had anything to do with it."

He laughed. "You talk about me being wild?" He shook his head. "I'm guessing you still haven't told her about your part time job either?"

"Damn, nigga! Are you Oprah?" I chuckled. "What's with all the questions."

"Nah, I'm just saying. You talk about how you love her but... you're lying to her."

"Mal, I'm not lying to her." I turned around from the mirror. "I'm just keeping a secret. There's a difference. I'll tell her soon." I glanced down at my watch.

He nodded. "True but at some point she's gonna wonder how you keep paying rent on the place, that suit, your Gucci shoes... shit like that... also how you finishing school as well."

"She might. I got this." I patted my chest.

"Cool, do ya thing, bro!" He held out his fist for me to dap him up.

I looked at my watch. It was time for me to be heading out. If I wanted to be ahead of the traffic. I definitely don't wanna be late for our first official date.