Twenty Five

Don't wanna die (I don't wanna die no more)
'Cause now you're here
And I just wanna be right by your side
On any night that you be crying baby
I'll dry your eyes, I'll dry your eyes

Every time you go to sleep you look like you in Heaven
Plus the head game is stronger than a few Excedrin
You shine just like the patent leather on my new 11's
You read me like a book like I'm the Bible, you the Reverend

And, I wanna tell the truth to you
I wanna talk about my days as a youth to you
J.Cole| She's Mine Pt. 1

Few Weeks Later
Demarcus

I took a deep breath as I rested the twenty pound weight back on the stand. Normally I would be able to handle at least a fifty pound one but my doctor said take it easy and work my way up.

It's been a few weeks since those dumbasses shot me. The police hadn't found them yet and I don't think they will. It was the case of a mistaken identity. Apparently whoever they were looking for, was supposed to be at the party I was.

That's why nobody can get together and have a good time no more. Niggas always shooting up shit.

Everybody's been checking on me non stop. I appreciate it. I do but I'm good. I guess with them knowing I have been through depression before they think I'm slipping.

I'm not. I'm actually happier than I've been in a long time.

I've been recovering at Erica's. She's been amazing. As always. I didn't expect her to be there from the time I went in and from the time I came out. I don't know how many would've been there.

I know she's bummed that we missed our Jamaica trip on the count of me. She would never say it but I know she is. I hate that I'm even in this situation to stop everything that we had planned.

After I did a slight jog on the treadmill. I called it a day. I can't wait to get back in action. My doctor said I shouldn't do anything strenuous for four weeks. I got one more week to go. Till it's go time.

Sex and working out, honestly two of my favorite things to do especially doing both of them with Erica.

"Hey,Babe." I said as I walked in the door. She was standing in the middle room. Pacing, back and forth. She had something on her mind but I didn't want to pry. She would tell me eventually.

"Hey." She stopped and looked at me. "How was your workout?"

"It was iight."

I went into the kitchen and grabbed me some Gatorade from the fridge.

"Any pain?"

"Nah, I think it's easing up each day. It's more just like an ache here and there. I can manage."

"That's good, baby." She walked over to me. "I am so happy you're recovering so smoothly."

"Thanks to you." I kissed her forehead.

"I tried my best."

"Bae, are you alright?" I asked her, the look on her face had me worried. I put my Gatorade on the counter and made sure my attention was fully on her.