Nineteen

Baby don't let me down
Got a lot goin on right now
And I need you to hold me
Baby don't let me down
Got a lot goin on right now
And I need you beside me

Baby if I break down
Will you catch my tears before they hit the ground

Omniscient

"Ms. Thomas, can you give us a practice final before we take it? You know just a refresher." Tatiana said while raising her hand. "Just to know how much ground to cover without cramming everything in?"

Erica surveyed the crowd. All of them had sad puppy dog faces. She laughed to herself. "How many of you are in favor of Tatiana's brilliant idea?"

Everyone's hand went up at once.

"Fine. You guys win again."

The entire class cheered. Erica could look every student in their eyes unphased. She had to avoid looking at Demarcus. Even at the slightest glance he would look up from his notes and give her that look that drove her wild. She had to keep her composure the best she could.

She looked down at her watch. She was one of the few professors who dismissed her students on time or let them leave just a few minutes earlier.

"Alright, guys you are dismissed." She announced.

Everyone gathered their belongings and disbursed. The last one to make his way down the steps from his seat was Demarcus. In normal fashion, his back slung over his shoulder. His t-shirt was just the right amount of tight showing his muscles.

"Ms. Thomas." He approached her with a playful smirk on his face.

"Haha, very funny."

"I'm just playing. You know that." He licked his lips as he sized her up. Staring at how tight her pants hugged her hips and thighs. "So are we back on?"

"What do you think?" She laughed. Thinking how could he not already know this.

"Aight, cool. I'm playing ball with the fellas tonight. If you're not asleep by the time I finish, I'll call. But I know how you need your rest after I'm done with you." He winked at her before he walked.

Erica couldn't stop smiling. She felt happy for them to be back the way they were. Another part of her wishes they could go weeks without seeing each other again. Because the "I miss you sex" was amazing.

~

Erica finished her last class. She was exhausted and her feet were killing her. She wished she could show up to class the way her students did. In sweats and sneakers and not putting so much effort into how they looked.

She rummaged through her bag making sure she had everything. As she moved items around, she stumbled across this velvet jewelry box. She forgot David had gifted it to her. It was another one of his Please go out with me again gifts. She had been avoiding him ever since her and Demarcus made up.

Now was the perfect time to let him down gently.

"Hey David," She said as she entered his office. He was sifting through papers on his desks. He looked up with a smile.