Twenty

This gotta be how bruh felt in Love&Basketball
A game to ten, one point to win, ready to risk it all
Risk it all for what? Risk it all for who?
Risk it all for us, I risk it all for you, and these...
Deante Hitchcock| Feelings

Demarcus

I sat back behind the wheel of my car. I watched every teacher and admin leave out of the office building. I noticed teachers I knew some I didn't know. Everybody but him.

It's been three days. A rough three days it's been.

I haven't left by Erica's side in that time. I won't even though she told me I should go back to my place. I declined. It's hurting me seeing her hurt. I'm tired of these motherfuckers keep getting in the way of her happiness. First it was her ex husband now it's this clown.

I've watched her spirit completely deteriorate. She's always bright, optimistic, youthful even. I haven't seen her crack a smile at least when I tried to make her laugh. It's like someone pulled a lever and turned her off.

It was easy to escape tonight. She's knocked out after a Tylenol PM. She's been urging me to leave this alone. And let her figure out a way to handle it herself. I couldn't stand for that. I just couldn't. If she knows me like I think she does.

She would know. I can't live this down. I don't care about two wrongs not making a right. What he did was wild.

"Damn, where the hell is this nigga at?" I said as I looked at the time on my dash. It was ten o'clock. I turned on some R&B to keep me calm. If I listened to trap, it would get more amped than I already am.

David finally exited the building. He was walking with someone. Awfully close with that ugly ass smirk on his face. I grabbed my phone and zoomed in and took a few pictures of this encounter as they stood and talked for a minute.

I watched him walk to his car, parked in the parking lot adjacent to me. I waited til a few cars got in front of me as well all exited the parking lot. I didn't want it to seem like I was following him even though I am. I stopped at the redlight on purpose. He was able to go ahead of me. I timed it.

As we got on the highway. I had a sense of the direction he was going in. I know the city of Atlanta like the back of my hand and parts of Georgia. I circled around his block so I could get a good look of what driveway he had parked in.

I parked a few houses down. I pulled my hoodie over my head when I got out of my car. When I approached the driveway he was just getting out of his car.