OC Childhood Oneshot: Fae Born

The young girl lays on her low bed, the smell of her mother preparing breakfast fills her lungs.

The sweet smell of citrus marmalade causes her eagerness to rise, and hop out of bed. Her small feet guide her to the very small, cluttered all in one room.

Her mother with her lengthy, chocolate hair, tends to a steaming kettle, and the cooling, fresh bread. She turns with her dark eyes twinkling. "Good morning." She greets Nalla. Her hands grab a set of cups and plates, and hands them to the girl.

Nalla takes them, and place the chipped dishes down, all aligned with her vision. Her mother than carefully places the bread on the table with a covered hand.

"Make sure you eat enough." She instructs her daughter, and releases the cooling bread from the pan.

She sighs, "Yes mama." Her tiny hands reach for the loaf, her finger slightly burn. "Ow!" She gasps as she jolts her arm back.

Her mother busies herself with chopping a apple nut, "How many times do I have to tell you Nadia. Wait for the food to cool." She scolds Nalla.

She crosses her arms and waits until her mother is finished with chopping the palm-sized apple nuts. She slips the slices into a bowl, and rinses the core off. "Eat this as well." She hands the meaty core to Nalla. She whole happily takes a huge bite, and savours the satisfying taste.

Afterwards, Nalla reaches across the short table, and she prepares bread with citrus marmalade for her meal, her favourite.

Nalla's shoulder is roughly shaken, and brought back from her tasteless dream.

Her eyes lead to Ani, waking her up. Her dark hair, stray hairs around her slender cheeks.