How We Met

Jay POV ~

I was working at the café, 5 hours on the week days in Ignacia. My life was pretty boring. I had no romantic life, not many friends, and I lived alone. I never went to any parties in High School nor did I have sleep overs.

It was just a normal day in the café until I saw a unfamiliar costumer come in. You see, Ignacia isn't a big town, so I usually know the people around here. I looked back at the consumer and she was very beautiful, she had black hair up in a pony tail, ripped Jean's with a white-T and black leather jacket. I then looked down to see 2 children who are around 5 and 3. The oldest child had long black hair that went to the middle of her back and had brown eyes. The youngest looks the same but shorter hair.

"She already has children" I said to myself. I then walked over to them to take their order.

"hello my name is Jay, how may I help you" I asked smiling, looking into her beautiful eyes.

"oh I will just have black coffee and 2 hot chocolate's" she stated looking down at her children.

"Ok, it will be on the house" I stated 

"oh no its fine we can pay" she said going through her purse looking for her wallet.

"no its OK, you guys look new here so I'll put it on the house" she then smiled at me and went to find somewhere to sit. I came back with their drinks and went back to taking orders. I then saw a tall man with black hair enter the café with an angry expression on. I then watch him walk over to the girl with black hair and grab her kids and walked out. I then felt anger in my body. I stormed over to the girl. I looked at her with a confused look. She turned her head and her eyes were all red and puff.

"sorry to be all up in your business, but what was that about" I questioned pointing towards the door where the children went. She then glanced to the seat in front of her signaling me to sit down. I listened and sat down in front of her and gave her my attention. 

"he's my ex and we had just broken up a year ago, so we have to share custody over the kids. He has the kids for a week and I get them the next. But he can be rude sometimes. The kids would always complain when I get them back saying that they didn't eat or he yelled at them" she stated and started to tear up. I then placed my hand on top of hers and gave her a smile. She then took her hand out of mine and wiped her tears away. "sorry, I don't mean to act this way"

"It seems to me that you have a lot to talk about. But I have to get back to work, so here's my number" I said as I wrote my phone number on a napkin a slid it over to her. "text me" I stated as I got up and walked away.

2 Day's Later ~ 

It was a Saturday, so I didn't have to work. I was laying on the couch until my phone went off. I reached over and grabbed my phone to see a text from and unknown number.

Nya: Hey it's Nya, from the café. I was wondering if we could maybe go out and get a drink and talk. I want to express what I've been feeling for the past year.

Me: Yeah of course, do you wanna meet Chen's Noodle House?

Nya: Yeah that would be great!

Me: Ok see you at 7

I set my phone on my chest and sighed. 

A few Hours Later ~ 

I had changed into a navy blue button up tee, with white ripped jeans and black Nike's. I grabbed my phone, texted Nya and walked out the door. When I arrived at Chen's Noodle House, I sat at a booth and waited for Nya.

Then when I saw her walk in, she was wearing a blue tee with black and white sleeves, and black jeans. She had her hair back in a tight pony tail with strands of hair dangling form the side of her head that makes it look like she has long bangs.

I waved my hand in the air to get her attention. She saw me and started walking towards me and sat down in front of me.

"Hey, how are you" I asked while giving a friendly smile.

"I'm good, sorry for texting last minute. I was trying to get ahold of my ex but he didn't pick up the phone. I wanted to talk to the kids and see how they are but I don't think he cares" She stated 

We talked for a few hours and ate dinner. We talked about my boring ass life and how Nya and her ex met and fell in love. When she was explaining her life, she was being tortured and abused by him. Her and her kids. I felt really bad for them. Why do men always have to act like jerks. If only I could give them a better life. I then thought to myself, maybe I can. I do have a little crush on her, and her kids look really adorable.

"Since we are about to leave, do you maybe wanna go out sometime, as in like a date" I questioned nervously scratching the back of my neck. I looked up and met her eyes and she smiled wile blushing.

"I would love that" she stated

I hope you liked this chapter and please make sure to vote!!

Also, you are more than welcomed to request for a chapter. Please do so because I'm running out of ideas!

Thank you!!!