Running In The Rain

Authors Note:

   I came up with this idea because me and my cousins were running and dancing in the rain and it was the best feeling ever... But yeah I hope you enjoy this chapter

---------------------------------

BTW Jay and Nya are in high school and are only friends but secretly love each other

Nya POV~ 

  It was a Tuesday night, I was laying on my bed with my legs crossing each other while holding my phone up in the air going through everyone's story on Snapchat until I came across Jay's which got me concerned. On his story there was a few pictures of him and his friends and when I tapped the screen again, there was a black background with words saying "DHMU" (Don't hit me up). I creased my eyebrows but kind of brushed it off as I would ask him tomorrow at school if he was alright. 

  After viewing everyone's story, I swiped up to where I was on the Snapmap. I became nosy as to where everyone was but then saw that Jay's bitmoji was right in front of my house. I got super confused and so I got up from my bed and walked towards my window. I swung open my curtains until I saw a dark figure sitting on the curb. I narrowed my eyes to eventually coming to my senses that it was Jay sitting in the rain.

  I put my hair into a ponytail and slipped on a hoodie and converse and walked outside. As I stepped out the door, I could feel the cold breeze hit my skin which caused me to have goosebumps. The rain was coming down softly making not to much noise as I walked down my driveway. 

"Hey Jay" I said which made him jump. I sat down next to him and gave him a warm smile

"Oh Nya, what are you doing here?" Jay question me while tilting his head

"I live here" I giggled. "But I guess I should be asking you that. Why are you out here alone in the rain?" I questioned looking at the other houses on my street. We sat there in silence before Jay spoke up.

"I-" He sighed. "I just found out that my parents died" Jay said. I gasped and looked at him. He had no expression on his face, no empathy.

"I- I'm so sorry Jay, I had no idea" I said with a few tears in my eyes as I know what he's feeling right now; or so I thought.

"It's alright, It's not like I knew them anyways" Jay sighed as he rested his head on his hands.

"What do you mean?" I stared at him. He lifted his head out from his hands

"I'm adopted" He stated. I gave him a shocked look

"o-oh, really? But how? You take so many characteristics from Ed and Edna" I stated but noticed it made him upset.

"I know" He sighed. "I'm out here to clear my mind. Not only have I been lied to my whole life but I will never get the chance to actually see or talk to my real parents" He sighed again. I looked down at the ground and then an idea popped in my head.

"I know a way to get your mind of this" I said while standing up. Jay just watched me as I reached my hand out for him to grab it. "Come with me" I said with a smile.

"Where?" Jay said before taking my hand and I lift him up off the curb.

"Somewhere" I said with a smirk before dragging him down the street. We just kept running and running for however much our bodies could handle. We soon stopped in a middle of an empty intersection. We both started breathing heavily. We looked at each other for a brief moment before bursting into laughter. 

When we stopped running, we were soaked. Our clothes and hair were dripping wet but we didn't care. All we knew is that we were having a good time, living the life, being kids again.

We looked at each other again but this time, we both looked away blushing. 

"I'm still really sorry about your parents. Even though you might not remember them, they were still the people who made you. I know it's probably really upsetting to hear that they given you up but I'm sure for whatever reason, it's a good one" I said giving him a hug. I felt his body tense up but then relaxed and returned the hug. We stayed like that for a few minutes until breaking apart. 

"Thank you for distracting me, I haven't had this much fun in while" Jay smiled staring at me. I stared back into his dreamy eyes. I then noticed my body took control and I was leaning in while closing my eyes. Before my eyes shut, I saw Jay was too closing his eyes and leaning forward. As soon as I knew it, I felt his soft gentle lips being placed on top of mine. It felt like it was a movie, it was pouring down rain with our hand intertwined in the middle of the road. 

We broke apart from the kiss and continued to look into each others eyes

"I- I better go now, s-see you at school tomorrow" Jay said smiling while walking in the direction of his house. I smiled

"See ya"

Sorry for litterly not posting in over a month. I was spending a lot of time with family and later this month, I'm going to be even busier with Drivers Ed and hopefully moving so I'll try posting as much as possible.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, Please make sure to vote!!