Feliz Cumpleaños Part 2: The Fork Of Friendship

Mumbo carefully carried the cup of water into the room. Iskall was still lying there, staring at the ceiling with an empty eye. He'd been like this for days, since Ren had been captured. The only thing that had changed at all was how far up the blanket was pulled. Currently it was up over most of him, as if he'd only just woken up.

Mumbo handed to Iskall, who drank the water. No thanks, no acknowledgement. He just drank the water, and set the cup aside. And that was how things were now. Mumbo tried to whisper some comforting words, but was turned away with a glare that surprisingly icy, even for the king of winter. So Mumbo just pulled up a chair, and sat silently with Iskall.

Scar gently pushed the door open. Mumbo looked at him, surprised. Scar pulled him out, whispering a rushed explanation of the whole empath thing. He explained that he might be able to help Iskall out, at least a bit, considering that he'd be able to tell whether or not a particular topic was a sore spot.

After weighing up the pros and cons in his head, Mumbo agreed to let Scar talk to Iskall. So Scar went into Iskall's room, closing the door behind him. Mumbo twirled his moustache, a nervous habit, wondering if he'd made the right choice there. He anxiously wandered to the common area of La Revolution HQ, where Wels was staring blankly at a book on swordfighting techniques. His own coping mechanism.

Mumbo sat next to Wels, head in his hands. None of them had taken the hit of losing Ren easily, it was just that because Iskall had literally crumbled, they had to put their own problems aside. He took a deep breath, and regained his composure. Just as an ear-splitting shout came from the next room over.

It took Wels and Mumbo a moment to recognise the voice, scratchy from disuse. It was definitely a Swedish accent, though, meaning that it was Iskall. Considering that this was the first time Iskall had spoken, and it was to lash out at Scar, the two became, if anything, more concerned about their Swedish friend.

Indeed, they came to a silent agreement. They needed to get Ren back, before anything bad happened at all. No more time wasted on waiting for Iskall to be in a state to come to meetings. No more time wasted on seeing if Ren could rescue himself. It was time to take up arms, and bring back their fallen brother. Time to save their friend.

Wels grabbed his sword of masterwork iron, in itself stronger than diamond. He donned his helmet, moulded to fit his head and his head alone. Mumbo took, from the La Revolution armoury, the only set of diamond armour and the only diamond sword. They'd need their best gear, if things ever came to a fight. Vex forbid.

They bumped into Grian on the way out, who asked what they were doing. They didn't tell him outright, but told him to stay with Iskall, in case they failed. Grian, inferring their purpose, pulled a trident from his inventory. A trident known as the fork of friendship. He gave it to Mumbo, in the place of the diamond sword, as a parting gift.

He ran into Scar, who was looking around for Mumbo. He explained, possibly louder than was tactful, that Mumbo and Wels had gone to save Ren. Scar winced at this for some reason. Grian went to check on Iskall, and saw that he had, in fact, moved. He was facing the wall, shaking with silent tears and diamond eye only dimly glinting off the stone wall.

Aaaaaaaaaaaa I forgot to hit publish! At least these Once Upon A Time chapters are ready-made.
Autocorrect, signing off from the past!