━ ONE

( 001 ) loners are the best kinds of people

*˚・゚*・゚*˚・゚*・゚*

"our story is about a town. a small town, and the people who live in the town.
from a distance, it presents itself like so many other small towns all over the world.
safe. decent. innocent.
get closer, though, and you start seeing the shadows underneath.
the name of our town is Riverdale."

JACKSON DOHERTY SAT AT A booth in the Chock'lit shoppe with his head on the hard table. Pop Tate place his regular down in front of the boy, frowning at the sad look in his eyes when the brunet thanked the man.

"whats up, Kiddo?" Jackson shrugged his shoulders at Pops question, stuffing some fries into his mouth.

"was supposed to go back to Cali yesterday." he answered after swallowing the fries. Pop nodded in understanding and grabbed the coffee pot before pouring Jackson a cup. "thanks."

"you're welcome, Kid. just know if you need anything i'm always here."

Jackson thanked the man once again and dug into his burger just as the bell to the diner rang. the brunet glanced up at the blonde and redhead who made their way to a both together before he grabbed out his almost broken laptop and camera with a sigh.

he plugged his camera in to the laptop and began to skip through all the photos he'd taken over the summer. Jackson sent the good ones to his mums facebook messenger, deleted the odd few that he didn't like and added a bunch to a album to most likely show his dad later on in the day if he remembered.

the laptop came up with a notification from his mothers messenger and clicked on the tab, smiling slightly at her reply.

Layne Miller:
they look absolutely
beautiful my boy!
I'm still so sorry
about you having to
stay in that dreadful
town. I got a call
from work and
will be in the London
for three or four
months so leaving
you in Riverdale with
your father was really
my only option. I love you
so much. miss you heaps!
I promise to call you
tomorrow ❤️

Jackson typed back a quick 'i understand. love you too, Mum.' and took another bite out of his burger. he glanced up at the redhead and blonde, shaking his head at the love struck expression on the blondes face as she attempted to speak to the redhead. though, clearly, the redhead was not listening. he was too focus on the raven haired girl entering the diner.

he chuckled to himself and finished off his burger and coffee before closing his laptop and packing up all his belongings. he stood from the booth and threw his backpack over his shoulder, grabbing the dirty dishes to place on the counter instead of just leaving them on the table.