━ FOUR

( 004 ) drive-in

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*✭˚・゚✧*・゚*

JACKSON DIDNT KNOW JUGHEAD WELL, but it was clear that the Twilight drive-in meant something to the beanie wearing writer. anyone could know that with what the way he was ranting about it closing down. Jackson didn't know how, but he ended up squished between Veronica and Kevin in a booth across from Betty and Jughead, listening to Jughead rant about the drive-in.

"the drive-in closing, its just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale. no. forget Riverdale. in the coffin of the American dream. as the godfather of the indie cinema, Quentin Tarantino, likes to say-"

"please, god." Kevin cut Jughead off, "no more Quentin Tarantino references."

"what? i'm pissed!" Jughead almost shouted, "and not just about losing my job. the Twilight drive-in should mean something to us. people should be trying to save it."

"in this age of Netflix and VOD, do people really want to watch a movie in a car? I mean, who even goes there?" Veronica asked rhetorically, though, Kevin still answered the question.

"people who want to buy crack."

"and cinephiles and car enthusiasts, right, Bets?"

Betty seemed to come out of her own little world at the mention of her. she glanced up and nodded, probably unaware of the question she was just asked, "totally."

"anyway, its closing because the town owns it but didn't invest in it." Jughead got straight back to ranting. the bell to the diner rang out, catching Jacksons attention. he zoned out Jugheads words and stared at the Serpent, Sweetpea, from a week ago walk into the diner. this time he had two other people with him. a boy no older than Jackson with short black hair and a shorter girl with pink highlights running through her hair. "so when an anonymous buyer made Mayor McCoy an offer she couldn't refuse-"

"anonymous buyer? what do they have to hide? no one cares."

"I do!" Jughead protested, "also, you guys should all come to closing night. i'm thinking American graffiti. or is that too obvious?"

"I vote for anything starring Audrey Hepburn... or Cate Blanchett."

"or the talented Mr. Ripley." Kevin nodded, quickly turning to face Betty. "Betty, your choices?"

Betty had clearly gone back to her own world again, because at the mention of her name she shook her head and looked back at the group, "everything okay, B?" Veronica asked, slighted concerned.