━ FOURTEEN

( 014 ) cousin

"i fucking hate buses," grumbled Jackson, almost falling out of the bus as he jumped out

"i fucking hate buses," grumbled Jackson, almost falling out of the bus as he jumped out. buses were one thing he despised. having had taken multiple buses from California to Riverdale a few months prior, he'd grown to hate them.

Jacksons eyes then moved over to the tall building that Betty had been staring at. the Sisters of Quiet Mercy. a home for troubled youths. Jackson instantly felt bad for Polly, his heart dropping. the place looked... dense.

"something whack is going on here," said Jackson once he'd gotten by Bettys side. noticing Bettys silence, a rare sight really, Jackson turned to her with a concerned frown, "you good, Coop?"

Jughead noticed Bettys silence, now, too, "hey, don't judge a home for troubled youths by its facade, right?"

Betty didn't reply. just shook her head softly and tightened her ponytail. Betty started to speed walk towards the creepy building, the boys following behind her quickly. the inside of the place reminded Jackson of a hospital. it was cold and... even more cold. the outside of the building gave him enough chills but now, the inside make him want to shrivel up in nothing.

the trio all approached the front desk with an elder lady sat behind the desk. her grey hair was pulled back tightly into a bun and her wrinkled face was blank. she reminded Jackson of his next door neighbour back in California.

"hi, my names Elizabeth Cooper. i'm here to see my sister Polly," Betty rushed out her words.

"may i see some identification?"

"yeah," Betty pulled out her ID, Jackson assumed it was her student one, and handed it over to the lady.

her eyes skimmed over the card before she place it down, saying, "sign in here, please. you boys will have to wait."

Jackson and Jughead shared a look before they both took a seat on the chairs just behind them. Jackson played with the red scrunchie that was still wrapped around his wrist. he hadn't had the chance to give it back to Cheryl just yet. actually, he'd had plenty of chances just didn't know if he should approach her at school or not.

"Jughead," Jackson muttered, getting the boys attention. looking up from where he was staring at the ground, Jughead raised a brow at Jackson in a way to tell him to continue, "do you like Cooper?"

Jugheads cheeks seemed to go a light pink and his eyes were back on the small dot he'd just been staring at. that was enough of an answer for Jackson and he chuckled quietly, nudging him with his shoulder.

"you should make a move, Jones," Jackson hoped Kayden was over his small crush on the blonde. Jughead loudly groaned, getting a glare from the nun behind the desk. Jackson apologised to the woman.

"i don't know how."

Jackson smirked, "Betty is the perfect blonde from next door whose had a painfully obvious crush on Archie since primary school. what do you think she loves most in the movie genres?"