WAY OUT

"They bodies are not there sir" One of the guard said.

The programmer scoffed.

"Of course they're not there. They're trying to escape"

He walked towards the big map attached on a wall and looked at it.

"Find them" Was the only thing he said.

"But they got rid of the trackers sir, it's impossible to find them in that forest" They said trying to convince him.

"I don't take no as an answer, I want them here before sunrise and we'll continue the game by then"

"And if you fail, you're gonna be in the game"

He threatened. His gaze was scary enough to make the tall and strong guards shuddered and left hurriedly.

Jisung's pov

We were going in circle. Everywhere we went leads us back to where we came from.

"I don't understand, I followed the map" Hyunjin spoke after hours of walking only to end up in the same place.

"Give me that" Jisung said snatching the map from his lover's hand.

He face-palm and looked at Hyunjin.

"What?" Hyunjin raised his eyebrows.

"Idiot, you were holding it upside down, of course we went nowhere but back here!" He said and hit the back of Hyunjin's head.

"Oww sorry!" Hyunjin groaned in pain.

"I'm in charge of the map now, follow me" Jisung rolled his eyes but continued to reach for Hyunjin's hand and hold it.

After an hour, they were at least far enough from where they met earlier. The sun went down when they were lost 2 hours ago.

They had agreed that they would camp and rest for a while before going to find the way out because they don't have much time before sunrise.

Jisung was sitting on a big tree branch, looking through the map when Hyunjin sat beside him.

Jisung looked up from the map and smiled when he saw him.

"Hey" Jisung said leaning against him.

"I'm sorry about earlier, I'm not good at reading a map. I should've paid attention in my Geography class in Uni" Hyunjin said holding both of Jisung's tiny hands.

"You should" Jisung chuckled but his face showed fear, sadness and terror.

Hyunjin's heart clenched. He didn't like this Jisung. He wanted the loud and cheerful Jisung back. He wanted the happy Jisung. He did the only thing he knew to at least make the sad squirrel happy. He hugged him. He hugged him so tight as if he would lose the smaller at any second.

"We're gonna get out of here, don't worry. I'd do anything to keep you safe, Jisung" Hyunjin whispered.

"Promise?" Jisung spoke.

"I promise, baby"