Revival: Chapter 35

The Goddess stumbled into the grand castle abruptly, kicking open the tall, oak doors, heavy enough to halt anyone but her. Her indignant expression caught the attention of the three other Gods in the hall; including the king himself. Behind her, the Goddess of Knowledge; stumbling over her own feet in a panicked rush of adrenaline. Her hurried feet could not keep up with the long strides of her friend in front of her. Huffing and gasping, she bent over; holding her knees and desperate to fill her exasperated lungs.

"Undyne." The king said, turning towards the Goddess whilst the other three remained silent. His advisor stood by his side with a face of disapproval aimed directly at her. He had known what she had done was all too inexcusable. "Have you brought what I have requested?" He asked, looking at the bag slumped over her broad shoulder.

"I have not, your majesty." She bowed to her superior, setting her knees onto the floor. "You must forgive me. I have brought something better than that meaningless God." She spoke, her teeth seething with anger and resentment at the fight they had. "But it came at a cost." She breathed heavily, as the pain in her soul slowly seeped throughout her body.

"I told you to bring Sans to me." The king said, standing from his throne. The god beside him, Death's brother, remained silent the entire time. "What do you claim to be better than my wife's murderer?" He begun to raise his voice at the seemingly small goddess. He towered over her bowing figure: she was shaking.

Undyne grinned, placing the brown bag onto the tile flooring. Falling from the bag, the unconscious human dropped as if she were a meager ragdoll. Her hands; tied into a complex knot with a small rope, was the Goddess of Knowledge's fine handywork. Her pale face showed the bruise mark on her neck were the pressure point was hit to knock her unconscious.

"A Human?" The king sneered, becoming enraged at the sight. "How does this offer any peace to my grievances?!" He looked at the pitiful girl with a great amount of ferocity. The Goddess' eyes showed confidence and justice embedded into hem. She was determined to prove to the king she would be forever loyal to him.

This comment brought the attention of Death's younger brother. His head, slightly tilted towards the fallen child, his eyes grew saddened to see her miserable figure sprawled across the dirty floor. For the human did not deserve this fate. He could sense the kindness and willpower that rested within her, however he only remained silent and still.

"She bears the powers of Life." Her breath quivered soon after, as if she were in pain. "I swear to you, my king." She said, raising her eyes to meet the King's. Her fear quickly had risen to its peak. She could not stop shaking in the mighty God's presence, for she knew what he was capable of. "Your wife rests inside of her."

"I want proof." He only said, narrowing his eyes at the feeble god. He knew that his cabinet of Gods would never lie to him, however he was still in denial that this human was able to gather the remains of his Wife's power and harness it herself without killing her.

"There's proof beneath you." She only said, huffing more now, letting out a small cry, just barely audible for anyone to hear. Her complexion tightened, attempting to ignore the pain for just a moment longer.

Underneath the king, lied cracked tiles that were not there before. The flowers blossoming inside of the cracks showed him the compelling nature of Life; his dearly beloved. They flourished, sprouting saplings of fresh vegetations out of nothing at all. They gathered around the strength from the meager human's soul, and his eyes widened at the realization he indeed was staring at his lost Queen. "How is that possible?" He said, looking down, in awe.

"I-If I may.." The Goddess of knowledge interrupted the conversation of the superiors. "I-I believe that his human was your w-wife's successor. Gathering her powers, my data s-shows that this might b-be able to be extracted from h-her soul without harming the c-creature." Alphys stuttered heavily, beads of sweat falling down the side of her head. "This technically means that t-the Queen is still alive. We could recreate h-her with the manifestation of the power resting inside of t-the human's soul. We had t-to make a quick revision of our s-strategy to apprehend Death." Inhaling one last time, she begged the king, "A p-part of Undyne's soul was destroyed in the process, though. She needs I-Immediate medical attention!" She exclaimed.

"How did this happen?" He turned towards Undyne once more, attempting to comprehend this all.

"As you know, The Goddess of war and The God of death both are the only Gods capable of harnessing the power of the familiar." The God of Wisdom intervened, walking out from the side of king. "Undyne's familiar acts as a unique animal, for it is no animal at all." The king remained silent. "But a clone."

"She s-served as a clone for the human to d-distract Death." Alphys said, looking at the old god. "It was turned to ash in an instant." She said, "I might be able t-to patch up the missing soul p-piece, however I will need quite a while to g-get the fixes needed."

"I see." The King said, humming whilst stroking his golden beard.

"The human child bears the power of your wife, your majesty. Therefore, extracting those powers from a mortal should be easy to be able to accomplish." Undyne spoke, breathing heavily. "More so than a god, which is why it is unusual to hear about." She said, beginning to stand on her own to feet to match the height of the king. "The Queen's powers are going to kill the weak host anyway. It'll eat away her soul."

His advisor only shook his head, sighing. He remained silent as the King contemplated his next move. "We will return to this subject later." He said, "I would like to be left alone to reflect on this." He said, looking at Alphys with a stern guise. "Alphys." He said, grasping her attention quickly. "Be sure to conduct immediate medical attention on Undyne." He spoke.

"Y-Yes your majesty!" She ushered the other goddess to her side, stumbling out of the hall at a rapid pace.

"Gerson." He spoke to his advisor. "Come with me to my chamber. We must make the preparations for the extraction." He said, passing the lone skeleton sitting amongst no one. For he was just as alone as his brother.