CHAPTER 41: Life part 2

The pained shriek of the small human managed to shake the entire mansion as Entropy's grin only grew manically. The ephialtes of a dream that soon came reality to Death's poisoned eyes erupted his sense of fear even further. His heartbreak could be heard from miles away as she crushed the poor girl's soul in her dominant hand, mercilessly.

Shattering the barrier around Frisk's soul, the powers of the Goddess sprouted to life as warm, vibrant strands of green and yellow, blooming from her weakened body. It lights up the air with sparks of life Photons and electrons; it echoes within: distant, but familiar and untouchable. It was as if a sound had hit the bottom of an empty void, ringing just ever so audibly.

The strands of the Queen's power surprised Entropy, letting go of Death's familiar as she clung on further to the soul. She clung to Life, as one may have called it. It pushed the corrupted nature of her body away from the purity of light, igniting the flames of hope and despair all at once. Entropy had kindled the immortality she craved, clutching the fragile girl firmly.

The soul, unable to withstand the power, threatened to splinter as Life was released so suddenly without a vessel to shroud in. The eunoia caused a catastrophe within Death's mind, frozen in place from the beauty of it all. His mind became free from the grasp of entropy and he was able to see the world clearly once again without the corruptions and chaos obscuring it.

Ironically, rather than creating chaos, the instance only created an aeonian peace for the balance. Escaping from his inner mind, Death quickly took action, although weak, he rushed to entropy's small frame, grasping her arm with the palm of his hand.

Her eyes widened, knowing that every nanosecond that passed was another millennia taken off of her life, and she did not have very many left from her initial death centuries ago. She screamed in pain, feeling her body being ripped apart into pieces of frail shards. The flakes of ash seemed to pass by her eyes as she retaliated, grasping death's hand back with another, clinging to the realms of insanity. She had hopped that the gods whom have helped her find her place would come an take Death away into the realms of chaos where she had perished for so long. The rightful gods: the Titans.

Their power was indeed ineffable, unable to compare to the pathetic Gods that resided here in the realm. They resided within a different realm; one full of chaos and entropy.

Death let out a painful cry in response, unable to let go at the thought of Frisk's life on the line. Teetering between reality and chaos, he was unable to commit to either. It was as if he held water in his hands, unable to grasp the orphic fluid for long. The realm of insanity was tugging at his robe, begging from another helpless soul to feed them once more. He lingered between them both, watching both with greedy eyes.

The will to live was everything when it came down to this.

He closed his eyes, as if Death begged for this all to be yet another nightmare within his tortured mind. His soul, no longer lost, returned to him, bringing his friend back. He begged for her to return; to tell jokes and watch the beauty of her magic come to life. Thinking along that basis, his mind wandered to Frisk, wishing for her to wake up once more. He longed for her smile that burned through his hollow chest, stimulating emotions and feelings he had never felt before.

Was this his punishment?

Was fate finally starting to tear karma into his eyes, dragging it from the depths of hell?

Or was this what he had wished for all of this time?
Entropy screamed one last time, awakening Death from his thoughts. Her body seemed pale and weak, much more frail than Frisk's tortured body. His power took more effect on the girl, knowing she was not quite fully a God.