ᑕᕼᗩᑭTEᖇ OᑎE

I was standing in my backyard, facing a familiar white house as the tall fence crept up on me. Threatening darkness consumed my small figure, leaving me alone with my worst fears.

I felt a cold shiver run down my spine, but I couldn't wrap my head around it. I hugged myself, intending to keep me warm with the night being unbearably cold.

I turned around to face the dark, foreign forest that was constantly calling my name. My eyes were searching for something unusual, a piece that will connect the puzzle.

I had a bad feeling about this situation.

My feet started to feel damp and when I looked down to the ground, I found myself standing in front of a glassy lake. My hands were reaching towards it, although I didn't know why.

I dove into the lake, holding my breath as I have been taught in my swimming lessons since I was a little girl.

The lake was cold, just as I assumed it would be.

Suddenly, I noticed a boy standing in front of me, the exact forest from my backyard surrounding him. He had a desperate look on his face, searching and begging for help.

When his eyes finally met mine, I felt fear. But not the kind you do daily. This felt almost... supernatural.

He was pleading for my mercy and I had to do something. I needed to help him, but I couldn't move.

I couldn't speak.

My entire body froze in place.

He looked behind him when a loud bang echoed through the woods. I heard a girl scream, but I didn't know where she was.

Someone was in danger.

He turned back to me, mouthing 'Help me. Please, help me.'

Another shot has been fired and he looked at me with hesitation, almost like he needed to say something.

Then he turned around and ran back into the woods as fast as he could, not turning back once. I heard the same girl scream once again, before realizing it was me.

I was screaming.

I woke up to the sun shining brightly through my bedroom windows. Oh, dear God. Why do you have to be so happy?

I lazily rolled around in bed, burying my face into a pillow. I most definitely did not sleep well.

My thoughts, as usual, went back to that dream. I just couldn't realize what was it about. It has been haunting me every night for about a week and it was the same one every time.

What does it mean?

C'mon, Aly! You can give it a rest for one day.

Today is my seventeenth birthday!

I quickly shook off all the negative thoughts and energy I felt and put a pressured smile on my face.

It's not the day to lay in bed and bore myself to death like every other. I need to get out there and be a teenager, because what will I have to remember by my seventeenth birthday? I don't turn seventeen twice.

My phone buzzed and I looked at the Caller's ID, still deep in thought.

"Happy birthday, boo!" Carly screamed through the phone, making my ears bleed. I put a distance between my ear and phone because she kept going. "HOW ARE YOU? OH, MY GOD, SEVENTEEN! THAT'S A BIG DEAL-"