Chapter 30: Let Go

We're now away to Taehyung as I harshly let go of Kai's hand

We're now away to Taehyung as I harshly let go of Kai's hand. He was kind of surprised. "Jennie—"

"I'll go now," I said, head-down but he held my arm. I faced him and I can't control myself to slap him.

I SLAPPED him. Well, if it isn't enough I would punch him.

"F*ck you!" I cursed. I am so pissed on him. For the students here in school, they thought it was all my fault. But still, yes. It's my fault to kiss back Taehyung which made the school in chaos. I'm so mad because they thought Kai is innocent, even though he almost killed me. I know he's my boyfriend but it doesn't mean he'll kill me because of that.

He maintained a normal face but still he looked sad. "Jennie, I didn't mean to strangle you! I was drunk and mad at the same time! I can't control myself."

"So when people are drunk they kill people? Kai, you almost killed me!" I can remember the scars on my neck, the result of him strangling me. I can also remember the time that I'm losing breath, with a blurred vision.

"Jennie, please... Don't leave me," he sounds guilty but still I maintained a distance on him.

"We're done, Kai."

***

Kim Taehyung's Point of View

"You know what? I can't help but to be pissed at you!" Jin almost exclaimed. We're here in "보고 싶어" (I Miss You) cafeteria because I will leave the university tomorrow.

"Why? Because I'm just a scholar?" I said and looked disappointed.

"No, you idiot! I'm pissed because you didn't say it to me! Now I know why you're not letting me to look at your condominium. And I thought we're brothers..." he said, I don't know if I'll laugh or be saddened by what he said. He sounds funny and dramatic at the same time.

"Fine. I'm sorry," I said, kind of laughing at him. "I will miss you. Where will you go now?" He's genuinely sad. Since I had been bullied, I need to transfer or else I'll be bullied over and over. Our school hates scholars, which is one of the most sh*tty rules in there. Unfortunately, Jennie can't do anything about it.

"Who else knew this?" He said, referring to me being a scholar.

"Jennie..." I said, sounding like a whisper. Every time I say her name it saddens me because I'm remembering what she did. I told her that she should walk away, but she still let Kai hold her hand.

Is it really too hard for her to disagree with Kai?

"Oh, yeah. You guys are best friends."

"Not anymore," I said, I'm really sad. We're best friends for more than a decade and it just ended up. I just want to be away with her.

"You are sad? YOU ARE SAD?!" He raised his voice a little bit. "She hurt you and had been hurting you until now! You're just too kind."

"I'm regretting our years of friendship..." I said, I can feel my tear running down my eyes.

"You're the only one who's regretting it. She doesn't even look like she cares," he said while tapping my shoulder.

"But—" I was about to protest but he cut me.

"How many times must you get hurt before you realize to just let go?" He said that struck me a lot. I've really been such a fool for Jennie. I had saved her a lot of times and I don't even know if she appreciated it.

But even if I served as her fighter and savior, she still chose Kai. I really need to wake myself up. I wiped my tears and made a promise to myself.

This is my last cry on you, Jennie.

🎶My shattered dreams and broken heart
Are mending on the shelf
I saw you holding hands standing close to someone else🎶

🎶Now I sit all alone, wishing all my feeling was gone
I'd give my best to you
Nothing for me to do🎶

🎶But have one last cry
One last cry
Before I leave it all behind🎶

🎶I've gotta put you out of my mind, this time
Stop living a lie
I guess I'm down to one last cry🎶

I'm now letting go, Jennie.

********************

A/N: Sorry for publishing a sad chapter.

Featured Song: One Last Cry by Brian McKnight

Ps: should I put "Let it Go" from frozen on the featured song too? Lmao 😆

VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE
THANK YOU 😊