Chapter Thirty-Five

*Trigger Warning : There's some slight goriness in this chapter.

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE

AYA

"Aya..."

A hand pressed against my shoulder as my eyes slowly fluttered open. What happened? Did I blackout again? Where had the cave gone? I was back to where I was before. It must have been another dream.

"Where did you go?" Trevor asked.

I shook my head. "I had a dream about the dream catcher."

"Oh, do you know where it is?"

I hesitated. "I don't know. Maybe. It was in some kind of cave," I said. "I'm not exactly sure where, though." I thought long and hard. Maybe if I could remember, Trevor would be more impressed. I remembered the glowing crystals. The blue, green, and purple. "It was glowing."

"The neon ice caves," Emmy blurted out. "Oh, you smart girl." 

We travelled down a steep road past Roo Lake. The fog was reflecting off the lake's glassy surface. I glanced down and saw my reflection. The ice caves were just off to the right, not a far walk at all. 

When we entered, we were greeted by a choice of three entrances, all of which led down to different caves. Now came the tricky part, choosing the right one. I quickly examined each one. All three were glowing, like the cave in my dream. The third entrance, however, was glowing a sort of orange hue, so I marked that off the list.

Based on my gut feeling, I led the others down the second entrance. Worse-came-to-worse, we would just turn back around. As we continued, my feet almost slipped on the slick, icy floor. I grasped onto the crystals that had formed on the cave walls, trying to regain my balance.

"Do you think this is the right one, or should be turn back now?" Emmy asked.

"I think it is," I said. I don't know why, but I had a strong feeling that it was. Everything looked exactly as it did in my dream. "It should be just around the next corner." Before we turned the corner, I crossed my fingers. I hoped I was correct, otherwise, I would have looked foolish.

I saw a glimpse of green, and I knew it was the right place. When we turned the corner, the cave wall was glowing with circles of blue, green, and purple. I held my breath and looked down. The pouch should have been exactly where was in my dream. To my disappointment, the pouch wasn't there.

"What's wrong?" Trevor asked.

"It should be right here," I pointed to the stone on the cave's wall.

"Maybe it's the wrong cave?" 

"No, it isn't. This is exactly how it looked," I was starting to lose my patience.

"Well, let's look around. Maybe it got moved around," he suggested.

I nodded and started looking around. There wasn't much around the stone, except for some mucky ice water that had started to seep from the floor. "I don't see it," I said. I turned around and bent down, my hand pressing against the cave wall. I felt one of the crystals drop into my hand. I stood up and examined the inside of my hand.

It was different from the other crystals. This one was glowing all three colors at once. Trevor looked at it over my shoulder.

"Is that it?" He asked.