Epilogue

EPILOGUE

AYA

Mostly all of us had gone back to Trevor's after-party, except for Brennan and Rayne. Who knew where they were off to. Our whole group was sitting on the roof, just like the time Taylor had kidnapped us. It brought back memories, although not pleasant ones.

Everything had changed, now. The sanctum needed a lot of work, but luckily, the Sciusians had the technology to repair in a matter of weeks. That wasn't the problem.

"Are we ever going home?" I heard Lake ask. "I mean if not, it's cool. Just wondering."

I turned around and noticed Trevor talking to Aya. "I'm not sure what we're supposed to do now," I said.

"I kind of think we should all go back to our suites and get some rest," Issa suggested. "Then we can worry about what tomorrow will bring.

"I second that," said Ace.

When we returned to our suites, Rayne was there, but Brennan hadn't come back yet. I stayed up till nearly three a.m. before I attempted to sleep. Even so, I couldn't sleep one wink. Brennan hadn't come that night and now one knew where he was. I gripped onto my dream catcher, but it didn't do much good. I felt Brennan was in trouble. If he was going to leave, he would have told us in person. He hadn't even left a note or anything like that. Rayne, too seemed concerned which only made me worry more.

I rested my head against the pillow and looked up at the ceiling. There was nothing there except darkness and specks of light from reflecting off the stone. It looked a little like cheese.

Then I heard a voice. A familiar voice. Like the one who had been guiding me in the caves.

"Aya..."

I sat up in the bed, ruffling the sheets. "Who's there?"

"It's just me." The voice said.

"Who?" I asked.

"Look in front of you."

I squinted my eyes and glanced at the voice ahead of me. It was the same woman from before the one who had showed me about Valencia. Why was she back?

"Valencia? I mean you're that same woman—"

"I am." She nodded.

"Why are you here? What's going on?" I asked.

"Where is Brennan?" She asked.

I raised a brow. "I'm not entirely sure. He didn't come back to the suite."

She sighed and looked down. "I thought you would know where he was."

"I wish I did."

Her face changed to a pale white. "You need to find Brennan." She said franctically.

"I—I'm worried." I said. "It's not like him to just disappear like that." I said.

"Something is wrong with this world." She blurted out.

"You think?" I shook my head. "Do you think he's in danger?" I asked.

"You need to find Brennan." She repeated before disappearing.

"Wait...I need help." I called out.

A few minutes after she disappeared, I heard scratching on the walls. It was like nails against a chalkboard. I got up and flipped on the lights. There were words written crudely all over the walls.

WHERE IS BRENNAN?

WHERE IS BRENNAN?

WHERE IS BRENNAN?

WHERE IS BRENNAN?

WHERE IS BRENNAN?

WHERE IS BRENNAN?

WHERE IS BRENNAN?

WHERE IS BRENNAN?

WHERE IS BRENNAN?

WHERE IS BRENNAN?

WHERE IS BRENNAN?

WHERE IS BRENNAN?

WHERE IS BRENNAN?

WHERE IS BRENNAN?

WHERE IS BRENNAN?

WHERE IS BRENNAN?

WHERE IS BRENNAN?

Thanks for reading!