The Snowman-Case

"Good morning, Ella. What is it?" Chloe asked when she and Lucifer arrived at the crime scene, the changing room in a shopping mall.
"Frosty's dead."
"Who is Frosty?" Lucifer asked confused.
"A snowman," Chloe said.
"He's not just a snowman! He's..."
"...dead."
"Yeah," the forensic scientist said sadly. "He was shot while he was still in his costume. Just one shot straight into the heart. The killer is a damn good marksman."
"Murder weapon?"
"Not found yet."
Chloe looked around and noticed a man standing in a corner. "Who's that guy over there?"
"His boss, Timothy Franklin. He found him."
"Good morning, Mr. Franklin. I'm Detective Decker, LAPD, that's my partner Lucifer Morningstar. Can you tell us something about the victim?"
"His name's John Pinter. He's...he was an old friend of mine. He worked in the mall as Frosty for over 10 years now. I helped him getting the job."
"Why do somebody wear this costume every day voluntary?" Lucifer asked disgusted.
"He did it because of conviction. He wanted to spread love and joy."
"Lovely."
"Was this his only job?" Chloe asked.
"I don't know."
"How did you meet each other?"
"Our grandparents were neighbors, so we often met during the holidays."
"Did he had any family?"
"His parents are already dead. There is a daughter, her name's Caroline, but they didn't meet that often. John and her mother, Betty Jordan, haven't had a relationship."
"Do you know where they live?"
"In Venice Beach."
"One last question, Mr. Franklin. Did John have any enemies or quarrels with someone?"
"No. This job isn't very popular, you see?"
"Thank you," Chloe said.
"I know this expression, Detective. This is going to be a difficult case, isn't it?"
"Let's hope I'm wrong."