Anything But Easy

Chloe sat at her desk when Ella came to her.
"Is Dan avoiding you?"
"Yes. He talked with Trixie yesterday. It doesn't went well."
"What did he expect?"
"I know it's not easy, but I want her to be happy for him. I feared this day would come. When Dan and I broke up, everything became weird, especially christmas."
"Do not blame yourself for this," Lucifer said and sat down at her desk. He seemed to be very pissed off.
"What happened?"
"I tried to speak with him. In the end he choked me, yelled at me and ran away like his daughter."
"What did you say?"
"Why the hell do you think Daniel's outburst of anger is my fault?"
"You're not very compassionate, especially not with him."
"Here," Ella interrupted them to change the subject hestily and handed a notebook to Chloe. "That's what we found in Pinter's apartment. I'm working on his PC and mobile phone. There were no drugs, cash or weapons."
"Maybe John really has changed."
"I don't know. Something feels wrong."
"Miss Lopez is right," Lucifer said. "As a former member of the mafia he should have slept with a gun beneath his pillow."
"But where is it?"
"Maybe his contacts can help us," Chloe suggested and looked through the notebook.
"If they want to," the forensic scientist added.
Chloe sighed desperately and rested her head on the desk.
"Why is everything so complicated these days?"
"Because simply would be too easy," Lucifer said.
"Don't worry about Dan, Decker. He'll come to his senses again."
"I can not agree with Miss Lopez about his senses, so maybe Doctor Linda can help."
"No. He has to find a solution by his own. And we have to find Frosty's killer."