Let The Problems Begin

Dan, Ella, Lucifer and Chloe sat in the conference room and discussed their current case.
"What do we know about him?" Chloe asked.
"To my surprise, John Pinter was in our system," Ella said. "He was a drug dealer, a thief and a possible member of the italian mafia."
"Mafia?"
"Yeah, he was arrested during an investigation against them."
"Your Frosty was not that heroic as you thought was he?" Lucifer asked sarcastically.
"Not this one."
"Did you talked to the daughter, Dan?"
"Yes, but she didn't knew him very well. Her mother wasn't any help neither. But Franklin told me where Pinter lived. A really bad neighbourhood."
"And he did not recognized that?" Lucifer asked. "If they were oh so good friends, he would have care about him, wouldn't he?"
"He never said they were good friends."
"If you would help an old friend, Dan, would you ignore his problems?"
"We don't know if he still had problems."
"He got killed, Daniel, it is pretty obvious that he had problems."
"Ok, Dan, you'll drive to his apartment. Let's see if you can found something. Lucifer and I will talk to Franklin again. I can't believe he didn't know anything about John's criminal life."
When all were about to leave, Dan took Chloe aside.
"I have to talk to you in private."
"Um, ok. Lucifer?" She threw her keys to the king of hell. "Wait for me!" He smiled at her devilish and Chloe prayed that he would do what she told him. "So, what is it?"
"Charlotte asked me to celebrate christmas with her."
"Wow. That's...that's important. It's a huge step. She's really serious."
"I said yes."
"Ok. So I have to cook more. Is she allergic to anything?"
"You don't get it, Chloe. We'll spend Christmas Eve at her place."
"You won't come? What about Trixie?"
"I hope she'll understand it. Maybe it's better when you tell her..."
"No! You always do that to me but not this time. You're a coward, Daniel Espinoza!"
"Chloe..."
"Tell her! I won't do it for you," she said and slammed the door shut behind her.